Chapter 17: Who We Really Are

<-EDITED->

*Acacia*

Tour ends in 2 days and I'm honestly glad, despite it being good.

As much as I enjoyed being with my brothers, it can be really suffocating during long drives, so we've had to pull over a few times so I don't get too overwhelmed.

Aside from that, though, I'm really enjoying time with my brothers and friends.

Right now we were all in the dressing room and I was on the couch on my phone texting Vanessa, Emerson laying next to me drawing some sketches.

I looked over and smiled up at my big brother and curled up closer to him, and he smiled and hugged me while I decided to watch him draw.

"You doing okay?" He asked, eyes still on the paper.

I looked up. "Yeah... Why do you ask?" 

"I remembered you asked us if you looked different," he said, stopping before looking over at me. "You seemed troubled..."

I frowned, looking down. "I-It's nothing...."

"Don't lie to me, sis... You know there are no secrets between us," he said, holding his pinkie out to me.

I looked up at him and wrapped my pinkie around his.

"Can we talk about it after the show, though?" I whispered.

He nodded. "Okay."

I sighed with relief as I curled up closer to him, his head leaning against mine.

Sebastian then came up and ruffled Emerson's hair, making him grunt and smack his hand away as I giggled.

"You two okay?" Sebastian asked.

I nodded reassuringly at him. "Yeah... We're okay..." I said, Emerson also nodding.

He smiled at us when suddenly Samuel ran in.

"Guys, we got a problem," he said. "Martin got food poisoning."

"You're joking," Remington groaned.

"He did eat some of that weird meat at the hotel buffet," Austin said.

"Fuck," Sebastian said, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Great... Now where can we find another pianist in the next hour?" Austin asked.

That's when Emerson perked up.

"Oh, that's easy. Just check with our genetics," he smiled as he looked over at me, and then Sebastian and Remington caught on and did the same.

That's when it hit me and I froze.

"Wait, what?! Me?!" I asked, now panicked. "Ooh noooo no no no no, I don't have enough talent for it, no!!"

"Bullshit," Remington said. "You are an amazing singer, like it or not!"

"No no no, I've never performed in front of a large crowd before, guys I can't," I siad. "I'm not even as good as Emerson!"

"Yes, you are, I taught you everything I know," Emerson said. "And you basically know all our songs so far, even the new ones we've been working on while on the road."

"Caci, please, you know we wouldn't ask you if it wasn't urgent," Sebastian said.

I looked at them all, thinking of something to get out of this.

"I-I don't even have proper stage outfit!" I tried.

"Umm, hello? Yes, you do," Remington sassed, motioning to my outfit. "Always pretty much dress like we do."