Chapter 34: Line It Up

⚠️ Warning: Mentions of past trauma, and mentions of death in this scene. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

{•Three Months Later•}

*Sebastian*

I sat in the waiting room, my leg shaking as I sat there staring at the fish tank.

Time passed since Acacia moved in and its worked out well for the most part. She's settled in as best as she could and has been doing well.

She has her part time job working a store at a mall near her college while also working at Larisa's salon as an assistant from time to time, and attending her classes early in the morning. She's made a few new friends as well.

She works out regularly as well, mostly early in the mornings with me, and keeping herself busy and active like always.

She's also been helping Larisa and I around the house, making sure everything is clean, fridge and pantry stocked (cooking dinner whenever she can), and that Mishka is fed and walked regularly, while also helping with rent and a utility or two, as well as groceries.

Its always been like Acacia to work hard, ever since she was little. She'd always help cook and make sure we had everything cleaned and neat, no matter how old she was. Its just how she adapted when growing up.

Of course, us being 3 boys who are older than her, I admit, it wasn't always easy. Hehe...

Right now she was off from school and work today, but had an appointment with her psychologist, which she began seeing after she was getting nightmares and losing sleep, as well as her anxiety getting worse.

The four of us are usually there for each other in these cases, Emerson especially, but after discussing it, and given the circumstances of everything, we figured it would be best for a professional to also help Acacia overcome her troubles and trauma.

Acacia was adamant, but she eventually agreed and started seeing one.

She's also been prescribed medication for her anxiety, which thankfully has even helped her sleep better at night.

Today I offered to accompany her to her appointment before we go for a run at the hiking trail we frequent lately, and then lunch or coffee somewhere. We were even in our workout clothes for later.

The three of us always try to spend as much time with our sister as we can, to make up for all those tours keeping us from home so much, especially ones where she isn't able to join us, as well as the long hours in the studio and constant travelling and distance.

Its our way of making it up to Acacia for being gone for so long most times.

It may sound like a lot, and like we're all too attached, but its just how its always been for us.

None of us can imagine life without the other, and only want each of us to be happy and to know that we're always there for each other.

I'm skimking through a random brochure, passing the time, when my phone rang, pulling me from my thoughts, and I look to see its Larisa.

"Hey, babe," I said once I answered.

"Hi, baby. How's it going?" he asked.

"She should be done soon," I said. "I'm in the waiting room right now."

"Okay, good. Just letting you know I got a last minute conference for the upcoming event, so I might be late," She said.

"Oh okay, need me to bring you food?" I asked.