Chapter 10

After a strenuous week of a busy schedule, the day of the Lantern Rite festival has arrived.

"Xiao! You made it!", Aether waved at the adeptus as he walked closer to the Liyue.

"I'm still not convinced why do you want me here. Especially during the festival", Xiao frowned at the distance view of crowded people.

"Come on, don't say it like that. We won the bet, didn't we?", Lumine asked as she shared a beaming grin with Aether.

"That bet wasn't fair. Hu Tao deliberately made us lose when she knew the price of it", Xiao grumbled.

"No walking out now. All we know is we played a board game against you and Hu Tao. If your team loses, you have to go to the festival with us. And you lost, end of story", Aether said smugly.

Xiao just threw a glare at Hu Tao, who's hiding behind Zhongli, with her tongue stuck out at him.

"Come on! Let's get going!", Lumine pulled Xiao and Aether pushed him from behind. Hu Tao ran out from Zhongli's back and linked Lumine's another arm. Childe and Zhongli followed them closely behind.

Wherever they look, there are brightly lighted candles, fireworks and lanterns. Kids running around with joy, couples smiling at each other, friends chatting, old people reminiscing their past, food stalls busying with customers and merchants doing their work.

"Oh, Look! It's Xinyan!", Aether told the group.

They listened to her performance and cheered for her. They greeted other friends of theirs as they saw them strolling around as well.

Chongyun, Xiangling, Xingqiu and Guoba were eating at a food stall. Beidou seemed to be having a drink party with her crew mates. Keqing and Ganyu walked around to make sure everything is in order. Ningguang seemed to be enjoying the view. Yunfei was taking photos of Madame Ping with decorations. Little QiQi hid behind Baizhu when she saw Hu Tao.

"Uh oh! Yinger's at 9 o'clock", Lumine warned as she tugged Childe to her side closer. Aether grabbed Zhongli's hand and winked at him. Hu Tao gave Xiao a mischievous smile before linking her arm with him. They pretended to be busy and waited for her to pass by.

After they had successfully avoided her, the twins released a breath of relief simultaneously, "phewww."

Zhongli asked, "was that person whom Miss Lumine didn't want us to meet?"

Childe chuckled, "yep, that's the one."

He looked down at Lumine and teased, "aww~ is my comrade still jealous about her?"

She pouted with a slight blush, "what if I am?"

Not expecting her to reply like this, Childe's eyes grew wide and stunted with surprise. Aether and Hu Tao gave her wiggling eyebrows at her straight answer. She let go of his arm and pulled grinning Hu Tao's hand, "come on! I want to get some snacks."

The two girls ran ahead, leaving the guys behind.

Childe turned around with wide eyes, "you heard her, right? I didn't mishear that?"

Aether answered with a smug, "nope, you heard her correctly."

Childe grinned from ear to ear and turned to follow her, "comrade! I didn't hear you clearly. Can you answer me one more time?"

Xiao mumbled something about a noisy mortal and followed.

Aether chuckled, "she finally admitted it."