Chapter 22

Pantalone sheathed his sword when he saw the crumpled Zapolyarny Palace , "guess we are done."

Dainsleif, still holding his sword, asked, "are you sure? You still have an opponent in front of you."

He put his left arm on his hip as he turned to watch the palace falling apart, "you are no longer my opponent since her highness had passed away."

Dainsleif raised his eyebrow at him skeptically, "so, you are going to let us be?"

"Don't worry, he has no interest in others except his wealth", Signora remarked as she walked in casually.

Pantalone faced her unsurprisingly, "I knew you tricked Pulcinella."

With a limp, Arlecchino approached the two and glared at Signora, "as expected from a witch, you betrayed us."

Her blue eye darkened with anger and looked back at him with equal intensity, "you know what will happen if you call me that, ."

Pantalone ignored the hostility in the air and asked, "where's Colombina, Arlecchino?"

Arlecchino turned his glare towards him, "she is dead. You know, she would have been alive if you were fighting seriously!"

Pantalone answered unbothered, "I never volunteered to protect another Harbinger. She should be able to keep her head between her shoulders by herself."

Arlecchino gritted his teeth but didn't say anything.

Pantalone turned his gaze towards the ruined palace, "I'm guessing Scaramouche got all the gnoses by now and Pulcinella is ambushed?"

Signora crossed her arms, "you guess correctly."

Pantalone sighed, "it's a pity that her highness took down the palace with her. I quite like it."

He shrugged and walked away from the scene, "now then, I better get going before that brat came back."

He raised his hand to begin a teleport skill, "until we meet again next time, fellas", and teleported away.

Arlecchino also accessed the situation when he noticed that he was at disadvantage. He tsked and used his vision to escape from the scene.

Dainsleif walked to Signora, "you know, they could come back for you."

She waved him off, "I wouldn't be worried. All of the harbingers were here with the cryo archon for our own desires. No one has direct loyalty to her. Besides, all of us have some doubts about her lately."

They heard a loud shrill of Dawn, the hawk, from above.

Dainsleif looked up at it and mumbled, "looks like the ambush was successful as well."

"Then, we are done?", Scaramouche asked as he walked out of the ruined palace causally. Xiao followed behind him in silence.

"Got the gnoses?", Signora asked and held out her hand.

Scaramouche dropped the cryo gnosis in her hand, "are you staying here?"

She checked the gnosis carefully and answered, "someone should look after what was left."

He rolled his eyes and tossed geo, anemo gnoses at Xiao, which he caught successfully.

He asked with both his hands on hips, "now, what?"

"Regroup", Dainsleif answered as he sheathed his sword.

~