chapter 10.

asa loob na kami ng suarez estate at nababalutan ang buong mansyon ng katahimikan. magkaharap kaming nakaupo  ni eli sa couch at blanko ko siyang pinagmamasdan habang kita sa mukha niya ang kaba.

nauna na si aziel sa kanyang kwarto dahil masama daw ang pakiramdam niya sa biyahe. akala ko pa naman siya ang unang tao na makakasabay sakin sa pagdadrive pero mahina din siya. i really shouldn't rise my expectations, i might get dissapoint later.

"princess." mahinang saad ni eli at kaagad na yumuko sa harap ko.

"i'm really sorry your highness! i-i really completely forgotten that-"

" i don't need your apologize, what i want is an explanation right now." diin kong saad habang siya ay nakatingin lamang sa sahig.

"you should sit properly eli, your lower body will cramps if you stay to kneeling like that."

"no princess, i deserve this pain for hiding secrets to your highness. let this be my punishment for my sins. don't let my past actions to contradict your authority."

matagal ko siyang tinitigan at bumuntong hininga.

"if you insist, then tell me lady elisha suarez, what is happening to our kingdom right now? " i felt my eyes glowed and she started to shake again.

"the day when you escaped, his majesty king davion killed his older brother, the former king drex flivea claveria. it is actually all planned."

" king davion started this plan when lady yvonne is pregnant with you. he told her that he's going to restore everything that your uncle altered. when the former king inherited his throne, everything was fine. they only have minor problems but the former king solved it easily like a good dictator he is. but everything changes after   he met the former queen. he started to change the law little by little. from the transaction to other kingdom, the traditions even the taxes, he replaced them. patagal nang patagal, nararamdaman na ng mamamayan ang pagbabago ng kanilang kinagisnan kaya madaming nanibago. may nawalan ng trabaho, ang ilan naman naghirap even the nobles started to protest but the former king shut them up. the whole kingdom fall into chaos and rebellions started to rise. when king davion knew about this, he just ignored the nobles telling him to ascend to the throne. but he met lady yvonne and became pregnant, he already join to other nobles and slowly helped the kingdom to rise again from his older brother's clutches."

"and he stated to your mother to wait for him until he became the king."

" so in other words, he became a king for the sake of my mother? " nanginginig ang buo kong katawan habang nakikinig sa kanyang kwento. dahil isa sa mga sinasabi ni eli ay hindi ko alam. lalo na ang ginawa ng uncle ko. masyado ba akong nakulong dati kaya hindi ko alam ang mga ito? o sadyang hindi ko pinakialaman ang mga ito? sa sobrang pokus ko sa pagpoprotekta sa aking ina, hindi ko na napansin ang ibang kaguluhang nangyayari sa loob ng kastilyo.

"and for the princess too." napahigpit ang kapit ko sa handle ng couch ng marinig ang sinabi niya.

"what are you talking about?! that-"

"his majesty ascended to the throne for the both you princess! he didn't know anything that is happening to the both of you!" sigaw din ni eli na nagpatigil sakin.

" i-im sorry for shouting princess but what i said are all true. his majesty didn't know what is happening to both of you since his busy fighting the former king."

" so you're telling me that he never visited us when i was born is because he's been focusing saving the whole kingdom? " hindi makapaniwala kong pahayag sakanya at ginulo ang aking buhok.

"yes your highness, and since the former king made lady yvonne as a hostage, we can't do anything about it. we can't speak to king davion since all the people residing the palace are all in the hands of the former king. "

habang nagsasalita si eli, paunti unti nawawala lahat ng emosyon ko sa katawan. nablangko ako sa mga impormasyong naririnig ko.

naniwala akong wala talagang pake samin si ama dahil ni minsan hindi siya bumisita samin, pati na din ang mga salitang binato niya sa akin. pero hindi ko alam na humahanap siya ng ibang paraan para maprotektahan kami ni ina sa dating hari. sinaktan niya ba ako para protektahan ako? hindi halatang kasinungalingan ang mga salita niya lalo na sa araw na iyon. it's like he meant every single word he uttered.

"never in this day have i considered you my daughter. i don't have a daughter like you and i am no one's father. "

i sarcastically laugh when all his efforts are in vain since his lover is already dead and his one and only daughter run away. oh fate, akala ko ako lang pinaglaruan mo, buong pamilya ko pala matagal mo na pinaglalaruan. he didn't even know that his family that he's protecting is suffering by the hands of his enemy. he thought when he ignored us and disowned us, his older brother will not meddle. oh how wrong he is. just how fate will make us fool? is this really life?

"is that why my mother already gave up? is it because of fate that been toying us making us miserable and afflicted? " i just leaned back and stared to the ceiling.

"or she is already tired of waiting and being locked up that's why she decided to fly away?" she knows that day will release us from the clutches of the former king and yet she still want to die and let me escape. is the whole place that making you suffer instead of the former king? you've been locked by chains and cannot move freely like you used to be.

tumayo ako at didiretso sana sa garden ng may pumasok sa aking isipan.

"eli." nakatalikod ako sakanya kaya hindi ko alam ang ginagawa niya.

"yes your highness?"

i blankly stared outside, watching the roses afar. "the former king ordered me all this years to became his assassin right?"

" y-yes your highness. "

" then tell me, are the people i've been killed are mostly from my father?"

" y-your high-"

" it's a yes or no question! just tell me if all the people i've killed are innocent or not?!" i angrily shouted and my eyes glowed looking at her behind.

"y-yes your highness!" she unknowingly shouted and immediately covers her mouth when she realized her answer.

kinuyom ko ang aking kamay and my muscles inside tighten. "i see." i coldly whisper and went straight to the garden. rinig ko na tinawag niya ako pero hindi ko siya pinansin.

dama ko ang malamig na simoy ng hangin habang ako ay naglalakad. nararamdaman ko din na giniginaw ako pero hinayaan ko na. sanay na ako lalo na't mahilig si uncle na ipadala ako sa malalamig na lugar. amoy ko ang mabangong rosas sa paligid kaya lumapit ako dito.

gamit ang nasugatan kong kamay, humigit ako ng isang pulang rosas. hinigpitan ko ang hawak ko dito at umupo sa damuhan.

i'm quite lost right now. my uncle who made my mother mad and made me a killing machine was killed by my father. my father that i despise so much was secretly finding ways to protect us completely but he was a fool thinking that were happily waiting for him. my mother who is more free than anyone else was confine in the palace, secretly tortured and falling into despair that she gave up. my auntie is a greedy and insecure bitch that abuses my mother and her daughter ivory was also the same as my mother. she receive both love from her parents but it's keeping her imprison since she has limitations.

and me who is a yearning his father's love and attention became an emotionless doll controlled by his uncle since i have to protect mother from him. huh. what a crazy family i had. almost all of them are dead. they died the same day and the same folks killed them. kita ang pagdagsa ng dugo sa'king bandage dahil sa sobrang higpit ko sa stem ng rosas.

i feel like the rose i'm holding right now symbolizes the present royal family. behind it's beautiful appearance lies a thorny path that leads them to bleed.

"you should cover that up before eli scold you again."

napatili ako nang biglang may nagsalita likod ko at kaagad lumingon. hindi ko sinasadyang matapon ang bulaklak dahil sa gulat.

"aziel?!"

-