š˜Šš˜. 10

2010

2010.

The warm, bitter and sweet air permeated through the air as the golden kissed rays of light shone through the clear windows. The tables adorn the sun-kissed light as if placed at the tips of an artist brush as the typical calm cafe music filled the comfortable chatter of the shop.

The coffee shop of white cups and black coffee, of small jugs filled with cream, has that ambience of friendly chatter. Here I can have my own seat, gain the feeling of being social, yet have the confidence that I can enjoy my own contemplations at leisure.

It had been an hour since the audition, I waited patiently and anxiously for the notification as I sipped my hot chocolate that I ordered. I swayed my feet back and forth, back and forth drawing in my small notebook while listening to quiet chatter and typical, soft cafe music that filled the coffee filled air.

Ding!

I darted my hand to my phone. I typed my password.

Come on.

Come on.

Why did I type my password wrong?

Twice!

I swiped down the notification, tapping on the email that was sent.

Dear Seong Areum,

We would like to inform you that you have been successful in the audition to becoming a k-pop idol under BigHit entertainment. We congratulate you on your role and we look forward to working with you. You will be living in the BigHit dorms as a trainee and will undergo monthly evaluations in order to debut as you have been informed. We would like to see you here at BigHit entertainment by the end of the week.

If you have reconsidered, please email us back.

From, BigHit entertainment and Bang Si-Hyuk (founder of BigHit entertainment)

I made it?

I re-read it again. Reading over the same like "you have been successful"

I really made it.

I felt my face melt into a smile. A warm bubbly feeling enveloped me as I wondered whether this was a simple dream. That I will wake up any moment from now and be stuck in the same reality I have been living in but it wasn't. This was reality. My reality. A dream coming true.

I did it. I passed.

Hello mum and dad. I read your letter and thank you for allowing me to audition. I recently just got an email saying that I have made it into the audition, so, I guess I have to thank you for allowing me to have this opportunity.

Hello Areum, the entertainment company also informed us and we still expect you to perform well in your studies and we are allowing you to be a trainee there,

Not even a congratulations but in that movement, did it matter? No.

Why?

Because it was one more step on the twisted road of life.

This was terrible and short

Enjoy :)