š˜Šš˜. 19

Areum was now back at the door of their dorms

Areum was now back at the door of their dorms. She opened it to find barely any of the girls there. It was so empty. All the girls who made it into the debut group left. The once bubbly atmosphere diminished into nothing but the unusual deafening silence.

She was informed that the rest of the girls decided to stay with their families in Seoul beside Eun-Byeol who she didn't know where she was.

Areum texted Eun-Byeol where she was and if she was okay. She continued to spam her after some time as the night got darker. Areum began to grow increasingly worried with the lack of response. Usually she would respond in seconds but it had been hours. It was 3am now and Are couldn't sleep without the fear that something worse than her simply going out.

Where would you go at 3?

At 10 years old. Areum lost her first friend. One day, one of her friends never came back. Her friend slowly started to not attend school, lost her personality and then disappeared.

She wasn't going to come back.

And that was what Areum feared.

What if Eun-Byeol never came back and Areum wasn't able to say thank you. It was too dangerous for her to leave the dorm this late at night so she stayed near the window. Looking out for the older. She eventually fell asleep against the window seal.

Eum-Byeol finally walked in. She spent most of her time practicing and dancing out in frustration. Looking at the younger, she felt incredibly guilt for not responding to her. Eun-Byeol felt terrible. She failed and now she failed Areum.

She went to the small kitchen making two sets of Ramen. After she finished making the Ramen, she walked over the Areum gently waking her. Eum-Byeol placed on her happiest smile as the younger girls eyes opened.

"I made some Ramen for us and I'-"

Cutting Eun-Byeol off, Areum immediately hugged her, breathing out a sigh of relief.

Eun-Byeol laughed, patting Areum's head, "let's eat."

***

Areum was now practicing some choreography that she was having extreme difficulty with. It was so different to what she originally practised. Some would say it was more made for men rather than girls which meant that Areum.had difficulty with it. As Areum was given the basics of female kpop dances, more masculine dances required almost completely different basics. Female dances usually require you do be light on you feet and more 'elegant' looking while male dances require you to be 'stuck' on the group. Much heavier on the ground.

She didn't know why she was given this choreography but she just did it but it did feel quite cool when she was able to hit the beats well.

"Whoops," a male voice said as he opened the door, "sorry I didn't realise you were working here."

He smiled a bright smile that showed off his dimples. Some could say he looked like an angel in the darkroom.

"It's alright," Areum said startled, "do you need the room?"

"It's alright I have practised most of the stuff I need to practise, would you like some help?" The boy asked to the shyer girl.

"I don't want to waste your time," Areum rejected. She didn't want to repeat what happened with Eun-Byeol despite the fact she seriously needed help and she also didn't want to waste this person's time.

"It's fine," he waved off, "anyways, you seemed to be struggling a bit and I'm not that bad at dancing myself."

He walked to the centre of the practise room and held out his hand and smiled brightly, "Jung Hoseok, '94 liner also know as I'm your hope and your my hope, I'm J-hope and I can be the hope for you to learn your dance."

Are laughed lightly at the enthusiastic entrance shaking his hand, "Seong Areum, '97 liner and you really don't have you help me but if you can that would be great."

"Okay," his mood instantly changed to one more serious as he started to think, "from what I can see, this style is a lot more heavy and masculine which I can definitely help you with, do you mind showing what you have."

She tried to dance what she had, trying her best obviously not looking perfect but better than most. After that, J-Hope gave her corrections and demonstrated the dance to her.

***

Both now sat down, sweat was dripping down their faces as they both drank from their drink bottles.

"Sorry if you felt obliged to help me," Areum said.

"It was no problem," Hoseok replied, "if anything it helped me practice. Anyways, I should probably go now, bye-bye"

Hoseok waved back with a smile showing of his dimples to. Areum waved to him relieved that she didn't completely waste his time but now all she could worry about was meeting her mother here in Seoul. Her father, thankfully, wasn't coming as he had to continue to work. She walked out of the dance rooms, going back to the dorm to show and look somewhat presentable in front of her mother.

In a way, she was terrified, she tried to convince herself to be braver and to follow Yoongi's advice of faking confidence but to no avail. Old fears ran through her head as echoes of her mother's belittling yelling scared her mind. In a way, it feels inescapable. She could get away from her mother but she couldn't get rid of these scars.

Not very happy with how I have introduced J-Hope so I might change it later but I wanted to get a chapter out for you guys

<3