𝘊𝘏. 21

Areum wasn't home, Eun-Byeol realised. Lately, Eun-Byeol has been noticing how Areum has been hanging out in the dorm less and less and how she often came back a bit happier. Areum was getting to know other people and interact with the world, but that meant that Eun-Byeol was often left alone. She also never apologized fully for worrying the younger girl out that night. She just felt so incredibly melancholic and a failure.

She walked through the halls of big hit, head down, the unusual feeling of loneliness surrounding her. She often had people talking around her, her friends that are now preparing to debut, while Areum was with her new friend Yoongi.

"What about Seong Areum?"

Hearing the familiar name, her ears perked and looked for the room of which the noise came from

"She's got so much potential and talent, it would be a mistake of we don't put her in a debut soon."

"I think we should put her with the new boy group."

Eun-Byeol eyes widened, and then her eyebrows creased. Areum, the shy, quiet, enclosed girl in a boy group?

"That won't work; think about the scandals and hate they'll receive."

"I understand that but imagine the positivity that could surround this. We could break gender stereotypes and empower so many people, we can get through the hardships if it means we can have a successful future."

"I don't agree with it being a co-ed group but I trust you decisions but why Areum, she is so quiet and introverted, shouldn't we have someone who is more confident."

"Yes I was thinking about that, but we need someone who we can mold and help fit into this group. Some of the other female trainees are too stuck into their own style while we can help shape Areum into a more versatile performer. I heard Yoongi has been helping her rap and produce and we can give her one of the boy's choreo to see how she will do."

"Why not Eun-Byeol? She is our best trainee and has the perfect personality that will fit this."

"To be honest, Eun-Byeol, her style doesn't exactly fit this, she has found her style so it would be a lot harder to allow her to adapt into group likes this and also lately I feel like she hasn't been improving. She's been staying stagnant at her level. Yes she is good but I haven't seen improvement b-"

Before Eum-Byeol could hear the rest, she felt even more like a failure. Yes she felt overjoyed for the younger girl who she viewed like a little sister, but now she wasn't even considered to be in a debut group for what she has been working on for years.

She left with tears almost spilling from her eyes.

"-ut I'm thinking of making her become a soloist."

She left before she could hear the end. She wiped the tears from her eyes, forcing a clearly artificial smile before entering the practise room to not worry Areum any longer. If anything, Eun-Byeol wanted to spend as much time with Areum as she could before she would debut and possibly forget about her forever.

***

"Unnie, you made it," Areum said gleefully from the middle of the dance rooms, she sat with her legs out in front of her as she started to stretch, "they've given me such different choreography, it not like what we use to practice."

Eun-Byoel realized that Areum hadn't been told about her situation and Eun-Byeol decided to keep it that way, if anything it will be a good surprise for her.

Eun-Byeol walked to the younger girls pulling her up, "let me help you."

***

Walking down the familiar hallway, Areum held what it seemed like hopefully helpful books that could help her with the English language. Areum had successfully studied for the rest of her subjects like science, maths, literature, history etcetera but English was something she could never get her head around. Why did it have to be so difficult for her to learn English?

She arrived at Yoongi's studio and tried to pry her hands away for her book filled arms and opened the door. To her surprise, it wasn't only Yoongi, a significantly taller boy with golden, tan skin that painted him stood there. The unknown boy turned around as Yoongi stayed looking at his computer knowing who opened the door.

"H-hello," Areum greeted, bowing trying to keep all her books and stray papers on her.

"Hello," the unknown man greeted, smiling with his dimples becoming more prominent and waving at the timid.

"I'll go since you guys are busy," Areum said about to leave the room.

"It's alright, you can stay," Yoongi spoke up not looking away for his laptop, "Namjoon and I are just working on something, you can do whatever you need to do."

Areum nodded and let out a quiet thank you as she walked towards the couch she would work on or just relax. She set out her workbook on the wooden coffee table and began to try to learn english.

"So is she Areum?" Namjoon whispered in the response to Yoongi's nod. Namjoon had heard a lot about Areum from Yoongi to his surprise. Hanging out with Yoongi, he learnt that he wasn't a talker and didn't often socialise with anyone because he was often in his studio work driven so hearing him talk fondly about the younger girl he now viewed as a little sister was unusual because now he had a stack of pocky in his studio for Areum and he started to leave his studio early then usual, so Namjoon too wanted to get to know the girl that was able to talk to his cold hyung.

Namjoon walked over to the couch where the concentrated girl sat, "hello, I'm Kim Namjoon, 16 years old, nice to meet you."

Areum looked up from her notes and nodded, the feeling of intimidation disappeared as she looked seeing an adorable smile on the taller boy, "I'm Areum, I'm 13 years old."

"Are you from Daegu too like Yoongi-Hyung?" Namjoon asked hearing her slight accent.

"Yeah, we both met in Daegu, I didn't think I would end up seeing him after that."

"What are you doing?" Namjoon queried.

"I'm trying to study English, my eomma said if I don't get A's on all my subject I won't be able to continue doing music," Areum answered and sighed, studying english was difficult.

"I can help you if you need it, I'm quite fluent in English."

"It's fine," Areum rejected, "you probably have important things to do with Yoongi."

"it's fine," Yoongi interjected, "I can finish the rest , anyways you need help with your English."

"I can help you then" Namjoon smiled, showing off his dimples, "only of you feel comfortable."

"Yes, please."

Namjoon sat down next to Areum and began to explain the bewildering English rules simply. Areum tried to follow with her broken English. Either way, she felt very grateful for Namjoon's help.

 Either way, she felt very grateful for Namjoon's help