š˜Šš˜. 2

August 30th, Year 16

You said you'll come back.

Right?

Lies.

I thought it was all real. The love you gave us, the affection, the care. Was it all fake? Your warm embraces that meant so much to me disappeared like leaves of spring to autumn but I know you won't come back. You walked out on us. On me. Was it easy? Because to me, you guys just walked away without a care.

"They're gone," my older sister said walking into our cramped shared apartment room, "They're actually gone."

I lifted my bow from the violin, looking at my older sister shocked with the news but what did we expect. The strings of our family finally untangled. Our family finally fell apart with only two of us left in this dingy, musty apartment. I felt my older sister's arm wrapped around me, embracing me with her warm love.

It was only us now.

And I was fine with that.

Because she became my parental figure when my parents decided to slip away from my life. I remember the times when I waited at school, oblivious to the fact that my parents had no interest in picking me up. I waited until the sunset think that they were just busy until I saw my sister riding her bike

Her smile was so warm and enlightening as her dark brown eyes smiled with her.

"Sorry Riri, mum and dad forgot," she said, hugging me whole bringing me to her bike, "how about we get some ice cream on the way home, I earned a small tip, so we should be able to share some."