š˜Šš˜. 14

2010

2010.

Areum made it back to the BigHit entertainment building alive and safe ready to begin her next dance training. She walked into the small studio and placed down her water bottle and then began stretching with the rest of the girls.

"Areum, why didn't you join us shopping?" Eun-Byeol questioned looking at the younger 13-year-old.

"I decided to take a look around Seoul," she lied. She didn't want to tell them about her being in the midst of poverty and needed to have a job. The company might believe that she was incompetent of being an idol, not concentrated or dedicated whereas in fact she was determined to become an idol. Areum also didn't want to burden the girls with the news, seeing how kind they were, she didn't want them to feel like they needed to give her money.

"Okie, but next time ask one of us to come with you," Eun-byeol said smiling while patting Areums head, "Seoul's a bit too big, you might get lost."

Areum nodded smiling at her unnie's protective nature. Footsteps could be head through the room making the girls turn their heads to meet their choreographer. They stopped dancing and stood in a line bowing to their instructor.

"Ok girls, lets begin with the sequence we learnt this morning."

The girls got into their position waiting for the music. As the music started they all moved their bodies in sync as the choreographer eyed every detail, every movement, every facial expression, looking displeased or satisfied every few seconds. They continued to do this for a few hours until the session was over. They learnt more choreo and changed some which trying to implement criticism they received.

"Areum you're doing quite well despite it being your first time but you'll need to attempt to loose jus a bit of weight nothing too big just for your moves to look more fluid and try to exaggerate your movements a bit more to really display the choreography."

Areum nodded still trying to catch her breath with her short strands of hair out of her low ponytail while listening to her feedback she was quite pleased that as it wasn't too horrible. With that, it was the end of their dancing for the day, the rest of the day was up to them. They could have a break or continue with extra training whether that would be vocals, rapping, dance, producing etcetera. Areum decided that she wanted to try to write a song.

She entered another room which only had a grand piano in it with a small table next to it. She placed and small book and recalled the simple melody she had made. She played for a good while writing down the notes that fit well together to the lyrics she wrote. Occasionally she got frustrated as she couldn't figure out the best combination of notes to create her melody, something just wasn't perfect. Unbeknownst to her, a boy,no older than 17, stood at the door looking at the awfully familiar girl trying to figure out where he had seen her before but also listening to euphorious melody she was creating.

As the boy was about to leave, Areum turned around seeing the boy stopping the boy. Embarrassment washed through her whole body as her face became slightly red.

"Sorry, uhh, do you need this room, I can leave if you need it," she said quickly looking towards the older boy, "Yoongi-hyung, is that you?"

She squinted her eyes, trying to see if the boy who wore a full black attire was the Min Yoongi she met in Daegu.

"Yeah it's me, Areum right?" He waved towards the younger girls, "do you mind me ask what you are doing?"

"I'm try to write down the melody of the song, I have it in my head but it's harder to play out," she responded.

Yoongi walked towards the younger girl, "do you mind if I try?"

The girl nodded, "I've been struggling a bit, I can't seem to figure out how to make the melody in the 15-25th bar sound more cohesive.'

She moved g off the piano bench placing her drawn on music sheet infront of him. He played out the melody of the song perfectly to which Areum watched in Aw.

"I think if your progress the chords from the lower octave up and also break up the chords, you can build up the melody."

Aruem nodded, taking in the very helpful information, she watched him demonstrate what he ment in aw. What he created was beautiful and artistic beyond words that could describe it. He transformed her mediocre chord progression into a background melody that connected with her lyrics.

"Did you write these lyrics?" Yoongi asked, scanning through the lyrics Areum wrote making her nervous. Was it good enough? Was it terrible? Those were the thoughts that ran through her mind. She was self conscious like most people are. Writing is personal, your words, your thoughts, your feelings being put into sentences was something personal and it to be terrible would hurt but Areum wouldn't mind being given feedback especially from Yoongi who she remembered was an exceptional lyricist from the competition a few months back.

"These are really good," he complemented making Areum look at him in surprise.

"Thank you," she responded gratefully, "I can't figure out how to end it though."

"It will come with time," Yoongi said standing up, "I see you took my advice."

"I did, although my parents don't exactly like the idea still," Areum said, smiling sadly, "what about you, are you hear to be a producer, idol..?"

"I was told I was going to be a producer but they lied and now I am in a group."

Areum chuckled slightly, "I'm just a trainee, I'm not sure if I actually going to get anywhere though, all the other girls are amazing, I don't think I can keep up with them."

"You're just starting, you can't expect to be perfect off the bat," Yoongi said before looking at the time, "I need to go now, if you need help with anything you can ask me."

"Okie, bye hyung," Areum waved sitting back on the piano bench back to practising