𝘊𝘏. 22

Recently days have been exhausting

Recently days have been exhausting. Days felt longer, exhaustion enveloped her body. Endless studying left her in a mental state of tiredness, dancing left her physically unable to function properly, it didn't help she was now suddenly learning a different style of dance that did not complement the other well. Why? She still was unsure.

The fear of her mother's disappointed yelling and berating only left her terrified for the results is she were to fail, so she continued to study. Her passionate dream of becoming a performer and idol pushed her to be the best. Each had a consequence. Each pulled her down. Each left her not wanting to disappoint.

***

She now stood at the front of her school. Yoongi had decided to take her to school, claiming that he had nothing important to do and Namjoon was forcing him to.

He ended up saying goodbye in his usual cold manner and whispered a quiet good luck to which Areum managed to hear and was more than thankfully for the older. He may act cold, but in the end, he cared more than most. She also received advice and notes on most subjects from Namjoon, who she was able to get close to due to his friendly behaviour, but during this time, she also learnt his accidental habits of breaking things.

Eun-Byeol also made her a Goodluck Lunch and made sure she had a nutritious breakfast before wish her good luck.

She couldn't but be thankful for the three people who have helped her so much during the past year.

But.

In the end.

The fear of disappointmemt only rose.

***Days later***

And now she waited for her results. She watched as her teacher placed her report on her table. Areum's hand hovered on the corner of her paper.

It was ironoce how her future was all dictated by a letter. A simple letter printed on a paper with her name on it decided whether she could continue her dream or become the pawn in her parents game or success.

She flipped the paper over.

Literature: A

English: A

Maths: A

Science: A

History: A

Geography: A

She breathed out a sigh of relief. Most people would often feel overjoyed, jump around filled with excitement, boasting to their friends except... Areum only felt relief. It was just a cycle from here.

***

She arrived back at the dorm to be greeted by the delicious scent of ramyeon. Two big bowls on ramyeon were nearly placed on the small black dinning table with chopsticks set out.