𝘊𝘏. 20

Sorry, it's been a long while.

BTW I'm going to let Areum call them Oppa out of respect for culture and stuff. So please don't sexualise it and if you are uncomfortable I apologise.

TW FOR ANXIETY ATTACK

Her and Yoongi were now walking down the street of Seoul

Her and Yoongi were now walking down the street of Seoul. Streets were filled like any other day as people with bikes and cars drove by. Areum tried to think and plan what she should say to her mother. She should probably tell her about the positive feedback she got from the judges but she most likely wouldn't care.

As they got closer and closer, more thoughts began to run wild in her mind despite her calm composure. What if she did have to leave? What if her mother was right? This dream was just a dream. Nothing more, nothing less. They both arrived at the cafe her mother was waiting at. Areum peered in the cafe seeing her mother who was seating on a chair with a coffee in front of her on her phone.

Every fear, every rejection she experienced flash as memories through her mind. The angry tone of yelling and disappointment was a constant reminder of failure and fear.

"I don't think I can do this," Areum confessed stepping back from the cafe window looking at Yoongi, "she might yell at me? she 'll probably force me to leave? I can't do this, I can't do this."

She felt her self start to feel trapped. Like the world was closing in on her more and more. She crouched down slightly hyperventilating, her lungs felt as if there were closing in, sounds felt as if they were muted, her hands trembled beneath her as she was curled into a ball. Yoongi looked at the unstable teenager, quickly reacting by moving her from the crowd. Noticing her panic attack, he wrapped his arms around the vulnerable girl stroking her head trying to calm her down.

"I can't breathe," she hyperventilated.

"Areum, breathe with me," Yoongi said, breathing in and out for her to replicate. Despite not one for physical affection, Yoongi hugged her, waiting patiently for her to calm down, holding her trembling hands in his. He thought for a while what would have caused her panic attack. After a bit of thinking, he realised it was her mother. She was scared what her mother would do to her. She was scared if her mother would make her change her mind. She was scared and Yoongi was determined to make sure she would continue her dream.

She was latched onto Yoongi's jumper as she tried to calm herself down while following Yoongi's breathing. She felt safe though in Yoongi's embrace. It felt safe and comforting more than that of her mothers. Is this what a comforting hug feels like because she didn't want to let go and see her mother?

"Would you like me to come in with you?"

Areum nodded still in Yoongi's embrace, her heavy breathing quietened with her no longer shaking hands in Yoongi's larger ones. She felt so weak, so helpless, how could she face her mother if she could barely look at her through a glass window. Yoongi removed himself from her, still crouched down holding her hands looking at her doe eyes that were looking down.