š˜Šš˜. 12

2010

2010.

Areum walked through the blank halls of the entertainment building trying to familiarise herself with the building with soft echoes of music dispersing through the hallways. She continued to explore the building until she saw Eun-byeol. Eun-Byeol also recognised the younger and smiled, she stopped dancing and walked to the younger and clearly more nervous girl.

"Areum," she said walking to her water bottle with sweat dripping from her forehead, "nice to see you here, now I can introduce you to everyone here,"

The older girls, looked towards Areum with small smiles on their faces as they tried to catch their breaths. Eun-Byeol pointed to each person saying their names, Jiyeon, Zinni, Trinity, Dahee, Miso, Ae-ra, Ye-Jun and Chang-min.

"Nice to meet," Areum introduced bowing, "I'm Areum, 97' liner from Daegu."

The other girl's waved to the younger with Areum waving back slightly as Eun-Byeol smiled at the younger. She started to pack her items and walked to Areum.

"Let's go have dinner," Eun-Byeol said skipping towards the younger, holding Areum sleeve covered hand, "I'll meet you guys back at the dorm."

***

Eun-Byeol bubbly atmosphere filled the atmosphere of the moonlit night as they walked through the streets of Seoul. Eun-Byeol ranted on about funny events that happened within out dorm mates. They continued to walk as Eun-Byeol chatted with Areum listened until they reached the restaurant Eun-Byeol recommended.

She skimmed through the menu filled with ramen dishes wondering if she should order. It wasn't that pricy but money was still money, every cent was worth something and with the limited money her parents gave her she might have to skip some meals. Surely missing this meal won't be bad.

"I'm not really hungry," Areum said apologetically looking up to the older girl.

"Nonsense," Eun-Byeol started shaking her head, "you came on a train, busses and walked all the way from Daegu to Seoul, so how will you not be hungry."

"I was at a cafe before I went here," Areum contradicted.

"Yeah, but at what time, 3, it's 10 now," Eun-Byeol said walking closer to the counter, "I don't care what you said I am getting you food, ramen? Do you like ramen? Actually, who doesn't like ramen? I'm getting you ramen."

Areum chuckled at her Unnie's antics giving in to her ramen ramble. They both sat down at the restaurant with small chatter of others filling the ambience of the restaurant.

"So what made you choose BigHit?" Eun-Byeol queried, "it isn't a big company and Bang Pd showed us your audition and you were amazing."

"Thank you," Areum said shyly not used to being the one receiving compliments, no one had ever congratulated her skill, no one except her music teacher, not even her parents, "BigHit held a small competition in Daegu and then I met Band Pd-nim at a music store and he gave me a flyer to audition."

"Interesting," Eun-Byeol said while eating her ramen as Areum did too, "so what do you like to do, producing, singing, dancing..."

"I like lyric writing and singing, I do compose my own songs from time to time too."

"Really?! You need to show me," Eun Byeol sated excitedly looking towards the younger girl.

"Uhh, maybe one day."

Areum never got the opportunity to showcase her talent and to be honest she was too shy and worried if her work was terrible.

They both continued to eat, chatting about simple things like music and Eun-Byeol mocking Areum's Daegu dialect and with that Areum was happy. She enjoyed it. She was able to talk about her passion with some who too enjoyed it and not shun her down because it wasn't something "proper"

After they finished their food Areum reached for her small wallet grabbed the few notes she had left, handing it to Eun-Byeol.

"Nope, nope nope, I will not take it but thankyou, but no," Eun-byeol refused.

"You paid for my food here," Areum said pushing the money closer to her.

"It's fine, it's a welcoming gift."

"Then this will be my welcoming gift to you."

"You give me that, I'll give you back double," Eun-byeol said seriously looking straight into Areum's widened brown eyes and Areum retracted her hand, "good."

Out of the corner of her eyes, Areum noticed a flyer on the window of the restaurant they were exiting. She would have to get a job, it was inevitable at this point but that meant continuous tiring days but she had. She couldn't keep using the money her parents also needed.

"Do you go here often?" Areum queried.

"No, it was my first time actually, you know, support the small businesses."

Good.

A/N

Sorry, I decided that Areum isn't going to be fluent in English because I thought that would be cuter unless you guys think she should be fluent in English. I just see a lot of books having the protagonist be fluent in English so I want to try and make this book just a little bit different but if you guys want her fluent I will keep it that way :)))