VII

Shilo's POV

It's been a month since we moved here and so far everything is good. Halo's been doing good in school, she even made some new friends. Some is not the right word this little girl done made everybody fall in love with her. 

At work everything is good, I haven't seen Desani's girlfriend since the time in the office. I did mean what I said tho anytime I see her outside of the office I swear I'm going to fuck her up on sight every time. 

I haven't hung out with anybody from the office and your girl didn't make no friends. It's not like people haven't tried, some of them way to much but  I don't trust anybody to watch Halo and I don't like people in general.  Well the introvert in me would rather be home reading a book or watching cartoons with Halo. 

But anyways it's another Monday and I'm sitting in my office not really doing anything because I already finished. I had my head on my desk when I heard a knock on my door. I looked up and I saw Desani. 

I motioned for her to come in and she sat in front of my desk. 

"Hey." She smiled. 

"How are you?" I asked. 

"Good, how about you?" 

"I'm good to." She smiled at my response and let me tell you her smile is just perfect. 

"I had a question for you." She said. 

"What's the question." I said leaning on the desk. 

"Do you want to come over sometime and chill?" She asked looking me in my eyes. 

Okay so I really do want to because I like her vibe but I don't have anybody to watch Halo. I guess she saw my apprehension because she said, 

"No pressure." 

"It's not that it's just that I don't have anybody to watch Halo." 

"I totally understand, maybe you could hire one of the babysitters that work on the child's floor or Xio can Tay can watch her because they are obsessed  with her." 

Now thinking about it maybe that can work. 

"When we're you thinking?" 

"This weekend." 

"Sounds good to me, I'll have to ask Halo how she feels though." I smiled. 

"Let me just get your number and I'll ask Xio and Tay."  

She handed me her phone and I saved my number under my name. I handed it back to her and she smiled. 

"You ain't have to save your name so dry." She laughed.

"Well excuse me for not trying to over step boundaries." 

"You wouldn't be stepping over any boundaries, trust me." She said seductively. 

"Mhm good to know then." 

"So how are you liking your new environment?" 

"It's been good. Halo been good in school and you know my work life is good too." 

"No social life?"  

"I literally have no friends to be social with and I have a sister to take care of." I exclaimed dramatically. 

"You been curving people when they try to be talking to you." She laughed. 

"Maybe I want to talk to a specific person." I said looking through my eyelashes at her. 

"Well that person must be very lucky." She said leaning closer to the table. 

"She don't know it yet." I winked leaning back into the chair.