Chapter 5 "Confusing Sparks"

"Mr. Kang? They're waiting for you."

Taehyun snapped back into his senses after approximately thirty minutes. He'd been spacing out every time he got himself drawn to that incident with his wife that one night in their hallway.

He just couldn't take the image of Y/n, with tears falling and eyes looking the most hurt and broken. It never stopped flashing in his vision and eventually, it started to grow guilt in his system.

'Cut the bullshit, she's not worth your time to be thinking of.'

Taehyun scoffed in arrogance, "As if I'll let her crying state faze me."

It had been days since that incident and it's crazy how Y/n would still try to send food for him in his office, would still sit beside him on the couch, or even call him to check up on him and his day.

However, Taehyun noticed that Y/n seemed to be very focused but also distracted these days. It looked like she was always on a rush and she always had tons of conversations with unknown people through calls.

If only he knew that she was preparing for the upcoming Fashion show of her newest collection. Damn.

"She doesn't even seem hurt after that night, but she had the guts to cry in front of me. Tsk," Taehyun muttered, sounding so annoyed.

Of course she'd look fine! Until today, she was trying her best to hide her vulnerable side from Taehyun, knowing that her husband was a psycho and he might end up taking advantage of her state.

After Taehyun's meeting with the investors, he came back to his office and finished signing and reviewing some papers. As the minutes passed, he kept checking on his phone as he secretly waited for his wife to call him or message him.

Y/n still calls him like what she always did, but these days she had been reaching him lesser than before. For him it felt like her attention was diverted to something else, something more important than him.

She used to almost distrub all of his hours at work but now, she rarely called. It was bugging Taehyun actually. He wasn't used to the sudden change.

"Damn, why is she not calling me?" Taehyun hissed as he slammed his pen down before grabbing his phone and stared at the black screen of it.

'Should I call her?'

'No! Why would I?!'

He threw his phone back on his desk before leaning on his chair. He massaged the bridge of his nose as he contemplated whether he would call her or not.

"I told you, you'll end up yearning for her."

Taehyun sat up properly after getting startled by a voice. He looked up to see Beomgyu entering his office.

"Don't you know how to knock, hyung?" Taehyun asked angrily, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Where's your chill facade when I need it?" Beomgyu raised an eyebrow as he grinned at the younger. He sat comfortably at the chair and slipped a small white envelope onto Taehyun's desk, "I figured you and your Mrs. Kang might wanna go."

"What's this?"

Beomgyu gestured for Taehyun to open the envelope as he spoke, "Just a little gift from the Choi brothers."

Taehyun observed the smirk on the older's face as he took out two tickets and a note from the envelope. He looked down to read it and his big doe eyes grew even bigger.

"What the fuck is this for, hyung?"

"Are you blind? It's for your honeymoon." Beomgyu smiled, winking as he gave off a hint for Taehyun.