Chapter 7 "The Friendly Date"

'What the fuck am I doing in here?'

That was the first question that came into Taehyun's mind. He was sneakily following Beomgyu's car earlier and that was how he found himself hiding everytime Y/n and Beomgyu would turn around or would glance at their surroundings.

He wouldn't let Beomgyu step on his pride by getting caught in this matter. No way.

He followed everywhere they went. To shopping for a few clothes, eating churros at one of the food stalls, and just roaming around the mall while talking and laughing with each other.

"Don't they get tired of walking? It's been hours, damn it." Taehyun muttered as he massaged his knees before he took long strides again.

He panted heavily as his eyes spotted the two stopping in front of a jewelry store. He saw Beomgyu taking out his phone and walking a bit further away to answer a call.

Taehyun spotted Y/n waiting at the front of the store, she started looking through the glass where the newly arrived jewelries were on display. Taehyun figured that one of those caught Y/n's eyes as she bent slightly forward to admire it more.

Somehow, Taehyun's feet brought him closer and then he was shocked to see himself now standing beside her.

"Hey."

"Holy damn!" Y/n exclaimed as she brought a hand to her chest, calming herself after Taehyun surprised her, or more like scared her to death.

"Taehyun, w-what are you doing in here?"

He just blinked. He got the same question for himself. Taehyun just planned to follow them around and not show his face up, but it was a failure now that she saw him.

"Which one do you like?" He blurted out.

"P-Pardon?" It was the first time Taehyun asked her what she liked, so she didn't know how to react.

"Are you deaf?"

She blinked and quickly pointed a bracelet, "T-That one, the thin silver with two hearts on it."

Taehyun squinted his eyes and his expression softened at her pick. The bracelet looked minimalist and cute. Taehyun knew that it will definitely look good on her.

"Do you really want that?"

Y/n nodded eagerly, heat flushed her cheeks as she assumed that Taehyun probably thought of buying it for her. Well.. that was just a thought.

At the corner of Taehyun's eyes, he spotted Beomgyu coming back with his gaze on his phone and he started to panic, very unusual behavior of him.

"T-Then buy it yourself."

Before he could turn around, he saw Y/n's eyes lose their twinkles and her pretty smile turned into a pout. Taehyun cussed to himself as he hurriedly ran off to hide.

The things he would do for his pride.

As he found a good hiding spot, he was too late to check on them as the two already left the place. Taehyun would've troubled himself if modern devices weren't under his label.

He would've lost the two, lucky for him, he was able to track Y/n's phone using her number. He didn't care if it was wrong, all he wanted was to keep an eye on his wife and his friend.

"Huh, Choi Beomgyu.." he trailed off angrily.

He didn't give a damn if even his friends already saw him as a jerk, dickhead, or an asshole. He didn't even give a single damn on his married life and all he wanted was to have Y/n all to himself.