Chapter 13 "Long Walks"

Taehyun furrowed his brows when he felt small movements beside him. He slowly opened his eyes, squinting them when he realized that his hands were firmly wrapped around his wife.

"Hey," Taehyun called sleepily.

Y/n froze, turning her head to see Taehyun gradually moving his body. "I- I woke you up? Sorry."

Taehyun just hummed before bringing a hand to touch Y/n's hair, gently pulling her to lay down back on his chest. Y/n melted at the action and couldn't help herself, but feel her heart picking up its pace. The usual thing that she would feel for her husband.

She just couldn't believe what was happening at this moment. This was not so Taehyun.

He noticed something off with her expression but it looked like she didn't want to tell him.

"What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing.."

Taehyun mustered a chuckle, "We're entangled with each other for a lifetime. You can tell me, kitty."

Y/n pouted, unsure how to react.

"Can't sleep?" Taehyun asked, mumbling his words as he softly rubbed his lips and nose on her hair, falling for her scent over and over again.

"K-Kind of.." Y/n shyly replied.

Taehyun nodded understandingly while entangling his legs with hers. Y/n felt her toes being touched by Taehyun's, somehow tickling her soles which made her gulp and blink her eyes.

Y/n tried to casually move her toes away from Taehyunts, but the latter kept on reaching for hers. She couldn't handle it anymore and ended up smiling while shutting her eyes, making Taehyun chuckle at her reaction.

"Want me to help you?" Taehyun asked as Y/n looked up at him.

Taehyun lifted Y/n's chin up with his finger as he slowly leaned closer, grazing his lips on hers before finally placing a soft and quick kiss on her lips. He even closed his eyes as he sighed in contentment.

Of all the kisses he gave Y/n, this one was the quickest, softest, and the most passionate. It felt so good and real as if there were burning messages behind each second.

As they pulled away, Y/n couldn't help but hug Taehyun. The soft kiss made her really happy as she burried her face onto Taehyun's chest without even thinking, making him smile weakly.

"Should I sing you a song?"

Y/n stiffened and Taehyun noticed her breathe hitched against his neck. She was too flustered and he could tell why.

'Wtf, Taehyun is this really you?'

"W-Will you?"

"Of course," He lovingly smiled as he locked gaze with her. "Just for you."

'If this is a dream, I'd rather sleep forever.'

"Listen closely, then maybe you'll know my thoughts."

Each second was too good to be true. No hint of cruelty and arrogance in Taehyun's eyes. No lies behind his sweet smile. No reasons for his actions, but still remained questionable.

Just yesterday, Taehyun did something awful to her. All that only to be ignored by Y/n as she only wanted to focus on this kind of Taehyun. She can completely forget what happened and willingly forgive him.

Sweet baby our kiss has meaning

Know this time you'll stay till the morning