Chapter 6 "Arrogance"

Days had passed.

Jiya kept glancing at Y/n who seemed to be not in her good mood. If she went like this, all of the employees were really scared to approach her.

She had her brows furrowed while glaring at the screen of her laptop.

"Day three hundred thirty-one of winning my husband's heart."

She instantly shut her laptop off when Jiya came nearer to her desk. Embarrassment ate her as she imagined Jiya's reaction to her self-supported vlog of winning Taehyun's heart, that she had started almost a year ago.

"Don't get shy now, Miss Y/n. I've seen almost all the episodes," Jiya giggled as she placed a few files at the corner of Y/n's desk.

Right. Jiya was the only viewer, the only audience, who saw and judged Y/n's so-called progression. Which were all a failure actually.

Y/n would secretly do a vlog once in everyday to remember and see if she did managed to impress Taehyun and make his heart flutter.

"Who am I fooling.." Y/n trailed off, concerning her assistant.

"He said the design of the watch.. sucks," Y/n said, her voice almost cracking and Jiya could only look at her.

"Did he atleast used his eyes, Miss Y/n? The design was splendid!" Jiya exclaimed only to earn a soft chuckle from her boss, "But did he still wear it?"

"He didn't," Y/n replied bluntly, "Plus, he's getting worse. We have make out sessions almost every night now."

Jiya worriedly sat down on the chair at the front as she spoke, "That's a lot, Miss. Woah.."

"I told you, I'd always give in to him," she smiled, but it didn't last long when she remembered the wristwatch once again. "He probably threw the watch into the trash."

"What?! Miss, that was too expensive to be thrown away! And you worked so hard just for him to have the design first, that was supposed to be in the pre-collection."

"It's okay, Jiya. It was under Lim.Y, anyway." Y/ n said as she tried to think about it a little less, "Basically, I didn't buy it."

"But, still! Miss, we could've sold it to other people instead of letting Mr. Kang throw it away."

"Don't worry about it too much," Y/n said as she stood up from her seat, glancing at the clock. "I need to go now. Taehyun's parents wanted us to come over for dinner."

Y/n bid goodbye to her assistant before leaving. She went back home to change cars first, otherwise Taehyun will get suspicious.

After almost an hour of driving, she arrived at the Kang's mansion and was greeted by a few guards and one of the drivers took the keys as soon as she went out, to park it at the garage, which was far from the mansion itself.

She saw Taehyun waiting for her at the front door, as she tilted her head, she could see Taehyun's parents from inside. Simply watching them in suspicion.

"Hey," Taehyun greeted sweetly.

Y/n blinked, processing the situation. That was when she realized that Taehyun was acting differently because his parents were watching. Both of their families had actually been expecting for their relationship to have a progression, Taehyun and Y/n couldn't let that expectation down.

"M-Mon amour," she nervously smiled. Doing her best to sound sweet and lovely.

As she walked up to Taehyun, she peeked behind his shoulder and Y/n could see his parents judging their interaction.