Chapter 20 "Go With The Flow"

"I think you shouldn't show up as Miss Y/n."

Y/n was pulled back to reality when she heard what her assistant said. She cocked an eyebrow as Jiya instantly shut her mouth, otherwise she would lose her job.

"He didn't tell me that he'll be having a press con," Y/n replied while Jiya hesitated to continue on covering the remaining bruises on her boss' jaw with a foundation powder.

She sighed out loud, "Clearly, he wanted a way to see me, Miss Y/n, other than dates."

Jiya nodded while gliding the brush on Y/n's chin and jawline, "He didn't inform you because he didn't want you to be on his way."

"Apparently, yes," Y/n agreed.

"What if you show up as his wife?"

"I'm not stupid enough to do that, Ji." Y/n retorted, thinking deeply as she sighed. "He's head over heels with Miss Y/n, so I will be there for him. Not Kang Y/n."

The assistant finished adding powder and then the eye make-up. Y/n left her company and had Jiya as her driver for today and went straight to KT Innovations' main building.

When they finally arrived, Y/n went straight to the second floor while Jiya was tailing behind her.

They were soon escorted by some of Taehyun's guards, whom he already instructed to accompany Miss Y/n.

She earned stares, gossips, and camera flashes as she walked through the corridor as the employees were astonished to see her appear in their workplace.

"Your husband's company is so wide," Jiya whispered to her while looking around.

"We're only at the second floor," Y/n chuckled to herself. "This is nothing compared to the highest floor."

"Ooh, what's up there?" Jiya asked curiously.

"His office."

They finally entered the conference room and they were welcomed by a chaotic atmosphere. Foreign people were throwing questions and Taehyun answered them one by one.

Y/n was led to sit at the second row while her assistant was guided towards the fifth row. Lucky for Y/n, everyone didn't swarmed around her yet as they were all focused on Taehyun's answers.

As Y/n made herself comfortable in her seat she looked up at Taehyun who was responding professionally, his eyes fixated to everyone as his hand gestures accompanied his explanation.

She suddenly felt the worry gushing up in her nerves as she noticed Taehyun who looked so stressed. He kept gulping and she could sense that his throat was probably dried after all the talking.

"These motherfuckers," Y/n grumbled as she eyed the two foreigners who were suddenly arguing about the investment. Their native language was mixing and Taehyun had to patiently wait.

Taehyun ruffled his silver hair as he bit the inside of his cheek. He then came eye to eye contact with Miss Y/n and his expression suddenly brightened up.

Y/n took this chance, waving at him. Since her lips were covered with a mask, she couldn't tell Taehyun a message.

She decided to use her hands, gesturing and making a sign for Taehyun to take a break. The latter understood quickly as he saw her eyes filled with worry.

The emcee took over the microphone and Taehyun went down the stage to move to another private room. He excused himself, sending a knowing look to Y/n before leaving the crowd in a complete chaos.