Chapter 17 "Balance Game"

Days had passed and everything didn't went back to normal.

Thanks to the well-finished presentation, Taehyun got the board of directors in awe as the meeting went great that day.

His company kept getting bigger and he's been receiving investment proposals and all the Korean news were all about him and his success. He could also feel that KT Industries will be passed to his hands sooner than he would expect.

He couldn't wait for that day to happen. Maybe after that, he'd get his freedom back. He'd be able to do whatever the fuck he wants.

"What the fuck, I lost again?" Soobin asked in frustration while Kai and Yeonjun were laughing at him.

They had a few rounds of poker and Taehyun won all of those. His day couldn't get any better as he was stress free and had been enjoying his work these days. It was nearly lunch time when his friends came to his office to mess around and hang out.

When Taehyun dropped his cards, the others groaned again while he chuckled. He shook his head as he looked at his friends only to halt himself when he noticed Beomgyu who had his eyes on his phone.

Taehyun noticed he's been a bit distracted through out the whole game and he couldn't help but even be more suspicious by the expression on the older's face as he furrowed his brows while staring down at his phone.

"Something wrong, Beomgyu hyung?" Taehyun casually asked while he watched Yeonjun gather the cards again to start another round.

Beomgyu quickly changed his face expression as he leaned his back on the couch before sighing. "Is Y/n okay? It's been nearly a week when she started ignoring my messages and calls."

Taehyun cocked an eyebrow due to how open and honest Beomgyu was.

Of course, Beomgyu didn't have any other intention but just to be a good friend to both Y/n and Taehyun. He never intended to ruin anything and he just wanted to do his role as a friend. And here Taehyun was, getting too possessive that he wouldn't even allow a call to went through Y/n.

Taehyun smugly smiled as he gathered his cards to check them. "She's been doing really well. No need to worry."

Beomgyu would be lying if he said that Taehyun's reply wasn't suspicious. He remembered clearly that back at the resort, the night at the bar didn't end well with the three of them especially when Y/n initiated the kiss. But no one dared to speak about it.

Beomgyu actually figured out that when Y/n and Taehyun left the bar, something probably happened due to how mad Taehyun looked. Beomgyu couldn't do anything since it would mean interferring with the couple's issue again.

He just wished that nothing bad happened to Y/ n that night. He knew how crazy Taehyun was, he was his friend for a very long time now. He knew very well when and why would Taehyun lose his shit over certain things. In their circle of friends, everyone already accepted Taehyun's confusing personality and emotions.

They actually thought he was unique for being like that. Turns out, he wasn't. Especially to his loving wife who deserved everything and Taehyun didn't even gave her a single ounce of it.

Hours went by and Taehyun finally left his office for the night. He went back home, the guards and maids were the only ones who greeted him. It made him feel those weird things again since he was still too used to the fact that Y/n was the one who always came first to welcome him home.

Nearly a week, and it started to change many things at his house. He barely see Y/n anymore.

"Where's my wife?" Taehyun sternly asked the twins who were shuddering in fear.