Chapter 21 "Not Jealous"

The dawn was nearing.

Taehyun had an early dinner with his friends at the restaurant near his company. He went out together with Soobin, Yeonjun, and Kai. Taehyun was paying for everything and it was odd for Beomgyu not to show up when he was informed that the foods would be free.

He observed his friends as the other three were discussing about something.

'Damn it.'

He impatiently waited for one of them to speak about Beomgyu's absence. No one did.

"Where's Beomgyu hyung?" Taehyun asked.

The other three halted as the brothers glanced at each other while Kai just shrugged.

"He said he'd be out to run some errands," Yeonjun replied, sounding not so sure.

Taehyun leaned his back on the chair as he tapped his chopsticks on the edge of his bowl. He kept thinking of uncertain and pessimistic things these days and that included his friend, Beomgyu.

Specifically, he never wanted to see Beomgyu near his wife again. Never.

Considering that Beomgyu's the closest mutual friend to his wife, he didn't like how friendly Beomgyu was to her.

"Doesn't sound like him." Taehyun shortly replied.

Soobin and Yeonjun looked at each other. Of course, they knew what their youngest brother was up to today.

"He took your wife out to have dinner."

The brothers snapped their heads towards Kai's direction, who was scrolling down on his Twitter account. He even showed Taehyun a picture that Beomgyu posted where he was having lunch with her somewhere.

Yeonjun was about to curse at Kai but Taehyun already stood up from his chair, producing a screeching sound against the floor as he tossed his black card on the table. Gesturing them to pay using it.

"Taehyun, he was just-"

"Not a word from you two," Taehyun snapped, glaring at them. "She have me. Why are you even allowing your brother to flirt with someone who is married?"

Look who's talking? Bold of him to even forget his own wrong hidden affair.

"Kang, it's not like that."

The brothers were dumbfounded as Taehyun walked away and left the place.

"He doesn't even know where they went."

"That's Kang Taehyun. He has his own ways."

His friends were surprised by the way he reacted. It was unusual and it didn't even make any sense to Soobin as he was the one to have the most current conversation with Taehyun privately.

As fast as the speed of light, Taehyun stepped onto the gas, accelerating his car's speed as he drove pass other cars and vehicles.

His arched eyebrows were knitted as he glared at the road, his one hand reached for the depths of his blazer's pocket and fetched his phone.

He glanced at his screen's phone and opened the pinned contact number which was Y/n's. Taehyun pressed the phone to his ear, it kept ringing but to no avail.

He kept calling her and he got even more furious at every second that went by.

"She must be enjoying his company," Taehyun hissed, almost slamming his phone against the steering wheel.

He scoffed to himself as he tried to find another way.

'If Beomgyu hyung is crazy enough to take her from me, then Y/n should've been wiser.'