Chapter 18 "How It Started"

Some years ago..

What were the secrets that held the truth behind Taehyun and Y/n's story?

It was a chilly day in the month of February when Y/n roamed around the small forest in the Kangs' mansion. Trees were in shade of different colors, little birds were chirpping and flapping their wings as they flew down mid-air, the smell of nature brought a smile to her face. Decades of their families' friendship and partnership led her to meeting this one certain boy.

Because of their young age, both seemed to not further understand the agreement created by the two families. No matter how they ask, things were just too complicated for their young hearts and minds to comprehend.

When young Y/n headed to the gardens, she spotted a boy with silky brown hair. He happened to be running away from the maids who were chasing him down the bushes. He swiftly avoided them and went to the other direction as his small figure suddenly collided with hers.

"Yah!" The brown-haired boy exclaimed as they fell onto the grass, his chin bumping on Y/n's forehead.

Y/n softly winced, rubbing her forehead with her little fingers, "Ouch.."

"Who the hell are you?" The boy asked in confusion as he slowly stood up while dusting off his clothes.

"Isn't 'hell' a bad word?" Y/n pouted, looking up at him. The boy was still waiting for an answer as he stared back at her, blinking his eyes once. "I- I'm Lim Y/n."

"Taehyun. Kang Taehyun," he showed a small smile as he offered his hand to her. "And if 'hell' is a bad word, then how do you know that it's a bad word?"

'It's him?'

There he was with the smart little remark of his. Y/ n took his hand and Taehyun helped her up until she was able to gain her balance back.

"I'd say I just guessed," she replied, letting go of Taehyun's hand.

Their small figures matched as they stood there side by side. Taehyun noticed some leaves sticking on Y/n's hair and then his small hands went up to remove them one by one. Y/n was just looking up at him, her young heart beating perfectly.

Taehyun completely had his focus on removing the leaves and the young girl admired the beautiful features of this boy.

She actually wanted to compliment him for having brown hair that was matching his big dark brown orbs and there with his doe eyes. His entire face was small and anyone would think that he was a girl due to how feminine he looked like.

"I was running away because Mom and Dad wanted me to meet the daughter of Lims," Taehyun blurted out.

Y/n tilted her head and Taehyun giggled, "I didn't think I would meet you here."

"Relatable, dude. My parents wanted me to meet you too," Y/n said as Taehyun finally let his hands fall to his sides. "But why though?"

Taehyun shrugged, "I dunno. I don't understand them actually."

"Me neither." Y/n said.

Taehyun nodded and gestured for her to go with him, "Tell me more about you."

"What? No thanks, Kang."

"Come on," Taehyun rolled his eyes, pulling her to walk with him back inside the mansion. Y/n was slightly baffled, "Besides, we might become partners for business someday."

Given that their parents were friends as well, it was right to assume that they might end up becoming partners for bigger business and to continue their families' legacy.