Chapter 28 "Mon Amour"

Taehyun was rummaging through his phone when he heard a soft knock coming from outside of his bedroom door. He quickly tossed his phone away by surprise.

"It's not locked," Taehyun said. "Come in."

Seconds later, the door slowly opened and his heart pounded against his ribcage immediately, seeing his wife peeked from the door with her eyelashes batting softly. It seemed like she had something to tell or ask him as Taehyun could see the uneasiness in her eyes.

His gaze fell on to the huge fluffy pillow that was bigger than Y/n's frame, she was hugging it as she hesitantly walked in.

She still didn't speak yet and Taehyun prevented himself from cooing on the spot. He smiled as he got the idea and his ears instantly reddened.

"D-Do you wanna sleep here?"

Y/n pouted while nodding her head. Taehyun had to fought the urge to kiss away that pout as he chewed on his lower lip. He gestured for his wife to come closer and the other obliged while taking small steps.

"I didn't want to disturb you but," Y/n shyly looked to the side to avoid eye contact with her husband, "The thunders are too loud this time and.."

She couldn't finish what she was saying. That was then Taehyun just heard the extreme waves coming from the thunder storm outside which he didn't noticed earlier as he was too engrossed in scrolling down at the screen of his phone.

"No, it's okay. You didn't," Taehyun offered a hand and Y/n gladly took it, her insides twisting up at how gentle he was.

Days ago, Taehyun took his wife for a check up. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous while waiting for the results if the trauma that Y/n had was something very very serious and fatal. He was more than relieved when the doctor said that the disorder was still treatable and was not something severe. The doctor offered some medical treatments and Taehyun didn't hesitate to ask for the most expensive ones that only the elites could afford, as long as it'll help his wife improve sooner than they've been expecting.

Since Y/n was only experiencing it with Taehyun, especially when she got startled or shocked, the doctor also suggested to make their relationship stronger, form a more healthier, fun, and active bond, always be wide open with each other's thoughts. Just to spend quality time together and for Taehyun to earn her complete trust again.

In all honesty, Taehyun didn't had a hard time these past few days as his wife had been improving so fast and quick. He was so happy and soft every time he noticed that Y/n was more bubbly than before.

"Sit here," Taehyun guided her until she was comfortable in leaning against the headboard of his bed, next to him.

They've been sleeping together in Taehyun's room but not every night. He still gave Y/n the space she needed and whenever she asked for his presence, he'd always come running around.

"You have work tomorrow, right?"

"Why? Do you want to go out again? I can cancel my-"

"Aish! Not that," Y/n playfully smacked Taehyun's chest and the latter just laughed. "Just asking, you know."

Taehyun hummed as he looked ahead, feeling himself tensed up when Y/n lowered her body to lay her head down on his chest. She could hear the faint beating of Taehyun's heart that matched the rhythm of hers. It calmed her the way his chest would rise up and down as he breathe. The hour felt so soft that they both started to ignore the loud thunders outside.

"Y/n?"

"Taehyun?"

They stared at each other, realizing that they called each other's name in unison. Taehyun didn't contain his chuckles and Y/n followed after.