Chapter 37 "Twins"

That was one heck of an awkward state.

By the time they only had two more dresses to deliver, Taehyun suddenly felt like dying of hunger. That's when he looked at the time on his watch and he was shocked to see it was three in the afternoon. He realized that they just skipped lunch to help Y/n with all of the stuffs she delivered to the somehow chaotic city.

Y/n was counting the money she earned just now while Taehyun was behind her. He gently grabbed her by the arm and the latter faced him, her eyes still avoiding his gaze.

"What?"

"Let's go grab something to eat-"

"I don't have time to eat," Y/n retorted, stuffing the money in her wallet and taking out her car keys after. "You can go now if you want, you must be really hungry and tired. Sorry for taking up your time."

Not even a second after she said that, guilt just easily washed over Taehyun and somehow, he had this tint of fear when Y/n apologized to him when she wasn't even at fault.

It drove Taehyun back to the awful memories from four years ago. The way those apologies escaped Y/n's lips, her delicate hands holding onto him and her precious tears trickling down her face as she begged Taehyun to stay with her. She begged for a second chance which made him want to cry his heart out, realizing that he was supposed to be the one asking for another chance. He dreaded while thinking of this chance for years and the regret that he had seen coming.

He had always possessed the image of being stern, with a cold heart that couldn't be thawed. However, Y/n already won his heart a long time ago. Not just thawing his frozen heart but also melting it to the point that he couldn't help himself but yearn for his supposed to be other half.

"Don't apologize. I'm the one who asked you to let me come with you. So, don't. And I also didn't mind going around the city with you, I'm actually glad that I could help you," Taehyun rambled quickly. His hand tightening a bit around Y/n arm but still gentle.

Y/n was about to talk back but then Taehyun continued, pointing somewhere, "There's a restaurant over there. Let's go and grab something-"

"I stopped eating at fancy places a long time ago, Taehyun."

"What?" Baffled and a bit shocked, Taehyun still seemed to not understand what was going on, "Y/n, we both grew up like that. Those places are where we and our families brought us to spend time and eat together."

"Like I said, things changed," Y/n replied.

"What things exactly? Tell me because I still couldn't get it," Taehyun voiced out his thoughts.

Y/n just scoffed and took Taehyun's hand off her arm, "I'd rather save up and spend my money to my girls' tuition fees."

Taehyun pursed his lips, thinking of another way to make Y/n give in, "Just come with me. My treat!"

Still, Y/n declined.

Taehyun sighed dejectedly and only this last idea was all he had in mind, "Okay, how about we eat somewhere else you'd like?"

It made her look up at him and Taehyun's eyes grew hopeful. "Please? Just at least to feed your empty stomach that keeps on growling-"

"Okay, shut up." Y/n groaned and mindlessly tugged on to the hem of Taehyun's shirt, startling the heck out of his heart. She pulled him to towards the inexpensive diners and eateries only a few meters away from them.

Taehyun can't stop smiling and let himself get dragged by the woman that he missed so damn much. He could flip the entire world just to have this moment again.