Chapter 36 "The Changes"

Taehyun did had dinner in that small household. He couldn't ignore the excitement because he was so close to her now.

But it didn't last long when Y/n only let the twins eat with him. She skipped the dinner and stayed in her room. Clearly, she still wasn't coping up with Taehyun's sudden appearance in her life again and he understood it very well.

Taehyun didn't want to invade her any further for now. As much as he wanted to bug her again, he decided to give it some space for now as Y/n was still recovering. He was also sure that Y/n didn't want him here and she was avoiding him for as long as she could.

"How long have you known eomma?"

"Did you meet her in school or at work?"

He was being interrogated by his own daughters and he was trying his best to stop himself from telling them that he's their dad.

Taehyun didn't stay longer there and decided to leave after dinner. If Y/n will keep on ignoring him and attempting to give him a cold shoulder, he better come up with a good plan to win her back.

He went back to his hotel, driving all the way with a heavy heart and of course, since it was a five-star hotel, he took services of luxury with his money.

Because of this, he started wondering off again.

'What exactly happened to Y/n for the past four years?'

'An estate house turned into one of the cheapest houses.'

'I didn't see a hint of amenity.'

'Where did her wealthy and luxurious life go?'

This made him sound like he only cared about what made Y/n's life easier back then, but truthfully, he was clueless as to what happened all these years with him not on her side.

He couldn't sleep all night and Taehyun being himself, he started to think more but he somehow just couldn't find out. Not daring to stay still, Taehyun came back to her house early in the morning. He was standing at the porch, patiently waiting for Y/n to come out.

It was where he started getting his answers.

"What the heck are you doing here this early?" Y/n hissed at him when she opened the door, clearly not expecting him to be back.

"I came to-"

"I'm busy, okay?" She cut him off as she tried to push him out of the door again. "I've got tons of shit to do and I don't have time to entertain you."

"Mr. Kang!" Shrill voices echoed across the house and Y/n immediately sighed in disbelief as she turned around to face the girls.

"Taemi! Hyunhee!" Taehyun waved at them and Y/n didn't have a choice but to let him in.

"Oh, are you heading to school?" Taehyun asked when he noticed the girls wearing uniforms.

"Yes, and now we're running late because of you." Y/n mumbled.

Okay, that made Taehyun giggle and Y/n swore he missed the sound of it so much. But she managed to hide her longing as she walked away to find her wallet and bag.

'There's no time to be vulnerable for him again, Y/n. Pull yourself together!'

"Eomma, can Mr. Kang come with us to school?" Hyunhee followed behind Y/n.

"No, honey. He needs to be somewhere else." Y/n replied as she came back to the door where Taehyun was still standing.

Taehyun seriously didn't know what to do and he already admitted that he's the worse in winning a woman's heart.