Chapter 33 "Make It Right"

Four years later...

Standing up from his swivel chair, Kang Taehyun, known as the owner and CEO of KT Industries and KT Innovations, also the founder of K-Tech South Korea, a recently formed department in the country responsible for the planning and development for information and communications technology.

Four years went by so fast and it had been so dreadful for Taehyun. Nevertheless, his success had gotten bigger and everyone looked up to him as someone who stood at the top of the pyramid and no one could pull him down anymore. Those years changed so many things in his life, thus, he mustered a sad smile on his face.

"Congratulations again, Mr. Kang! It's an honor to have you in this investment," one mentioned and the rest of the personnel came to him and said the same greeting.

His doe eyes kept a tint of shine, though behind them were something a lot of people hadn't seen.

All he could say was, "Thank you."

As he dismissed everyone, two of his long time friends, Soobin and Kai came forth to congratulate him as well. The other two, Beomgyu and Yeonjun, hadn't been around for some months now as they were both together and busy for a business trip.

"Damn, you've gone so far now!" Kai exclaimed as he did a fist bump with Taehyun and the latter just chuckled.

"Congrats, Tyun! We're happy for you," Soobin said, tapping Taehyun's back.

"Thanks, guys." Taehyun shortly replied before he turned around to gather his things from the table.

Soobin and Kai just watched him. Four years went by in a flash and it felt like a blink of an eye. Everything that was in the past felt like only a tint of yesterday. Soobin, as the oldest in the room, quickly noticed the downcasted look on Taehyun's face. His eyes had always been the most beautiful feature that he had, but as the years rolled on, the gleam in his orbs had vanished.

Kai glanced at his hyung and took notice of the sudden heaviness of the atmosphere. The two stood beside their gloomy friend, not sure of what to say.

Taehyun pulled his sleeve up a bit, revealing his watch to check the time. He sighed as he shook the thoughts out of his mind, keeping his focus back.

"That's the watch she gave you, right?" Kai blurted out.

Taehyun hummed before he shove some papers back to his briefcase. The off look on his face had always been there ever since, but these days, it had gotten worse that his friends started to worry again.

After closing his case, he took his glass of water before walking towards the far end of the room. He kept sighing as he stood there, watching the busy city of this afternoon. The day was bright and clear, colorful to be exact. Leaving Taehyun in his monochrome world.

Those years did changed a lot of things. Eventually, Beomgyu and Taehyun came back in to good terms. Each of them had gotten busier. A good distraction for his sorrowful heart. Like any other character in a story who did such horrible mistake, Taehyun had also wished to turn back time and make everything right. At least stop his old self from hurting the woman his heart had yearned for so long.

"Are you still searching for her?" Kai asked softly.

"I've done everything I could," Taehyun replied, his voice shaking miserably. "Not even the devices I've made could track her down. Four years and I've never gotten even a small progression."