• REALISATION | ETHAN

Sweat bound their football jerseys to their backs, a reminder of the heat that the new season brought on.

Round and heavy in his tired arm, was the football - his own - that had won him many matches. He practiced almost every afternoon, kicking around the grass-stained ball, the red accents that made him buy it in the first place faded to light pink.

It was swiftly taken from under his arm, the culprit running off in a fit of laughter ahead of him. Without a second thought, he chased after his best friend, already tired legs using the last of his energy to catch up as they sprinted to his car.

Once they reached the vehicle - his older friend beating him by just a few seconds - they paused to catch their breaths before breaking out in more laughter. He leaned on the passenger side, sides aching at their immaturity, cheeks hurting from his grin.

"You're such a dick," he laughed, shaking his head as he grabbed his ball back. As he looked up he was met with a humored glance, one that he just couldn't be mad at.

"But a hot dick, right?" his friend asked, grinning smugly.

He looked to the other boy's sweaty, dark hair plastered to his forehead, to his eyes that were just too... masculine. Perfect may have been a better word, perhaps? Whatever, they were just nice eyes... hair, shoulders, back...

A cough drew him from his state of realization, bringing his attention back to the man in front of him. He offered an apologetic smile before just nodding his head, unable to break eye contact. It seemed that his friend was saying something, but he just couldn't focus. There was certainly something up because he'd never felt... like this, for a guy - or anyone for that matter. What was it about those fucking eyes?

"You alright? You look like you're about to kiss me, man."

Unfortunately, he only caught on to the last three words of the phrase. Running on adrenaline he didn't know he had, he quickly put his hand to his friends' shoulder, leaning in. A flutter took place somewhere inside his stomach, the moment a rush. Was he really about to kiss his best friend?

"Yo, we knew it, man! We actually fucking got him!" A hysterical voice came from a few steps away before he felt the back of the car against his jersey. Pain, both physical and emotional, racked his body alongside pure confusion. Slowly he opened his eyes to see two things that ruined his life. The first, Simon patting Lux on the back, both of them laughing and occasionally throwing a slur at him. The other thing was Freezy, standing to his side with a camera out, recording and laughing.

A punch was thrown to his chest, winding him, then another to his stomach. As he doubled over in pain with a ringing in his ears, all he could hear was one thing on repeat.

"Ethan Payne is a-"