ten.

SUNNY *ೃ

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

.
.
.

i was going to cara's workplace. me and her are having lunch today.i used to work there but i hated how it made me mentally tired and also the pay. so, i simply quit.

i open the door to the building. i see marie, she's the front receptionist. i liked her a lot. super sweet.

"miss sunny cameron?" she gasps. i cheese really hard.

"hey, marie!" i say with excitement. she comes from behind her desk to hug me.

"you coming back to work with us?" she asked me.

"girl, hell no. you know i hate george." george was my boss. stupid, old, white man. i think he's racist. he hated everything i put out and they were amazing ideas. he shut them down every time. not anymore.

"we have a new boss now. and pay is way better." i raise my eyebrow.

"what's his name?"

"tobais monroe." oh, god. i broke his heart. if i wanted to come back, i really couldn't .

"by your face, you know him?" she asked me. my face is anyways giving things away.

"he was just a fling. i broke his heart."

"damn, sunny." i do feel bad about it. i really liked him. if dane wasn't a factor, i'd still be talking to tobais.

"anywho, you here for cara?" i nod, i almost forgot about her.

"i think she's in a meeting, but i can still send you up there, maybe you can socialize with everyone, everyone misses you." i put my hand over my heart. i loved everyone here, but george.

i said my goodbyes to marie and head to the elevator.

i looked down at my feet, while patiently waiting for the elevator to open.

the elevator door opens and i look up. there he was. tobais. he looked well. and more fine.

"sunny, what a surprise." he steps to the side and lets me walk out the elevator.

"tobais." i say with sympathy.

"stop. i don't want your sympathy. i'm fine." he said coldly. i deserve it. i did tell him over the phone i wasn't ready. even though i clearly was.

"tobais, listen. what i did to you, you didn't deserve. and i should've told you in person. i really did like you. i liked you enough that i even thought about a future." he looks down at his feet and then pulls me into a office. and pushes me up against a wall.

"i've contained myself from going to your apartment and asking you for answers. why out of the blue, why now? the only thing i could come up with is, someone else got in the way." and he wasn't wrong. someone did get in the way.

"someone did." i say embarrassed. i could've had a healthy relationship with someone and i ruined it.

"give me a real chance. sunny. i haven't stopped thinking about you since." i did owe it to him. i think?