twenty.

DANE
  workplace

.
.
.

i was quite nervous to walk into work. with the threat sunny had provided last night. maybe she did that to simply get in my head. of course she did, she's upset she's been replaced by someone who can actually care for me. and will always choose me.

and the comment where we said yahira looked like her, wasn't all the way true. i mean, yeah, similar features, but they look nothing alike.

sunny was jealous. my words to her last night weren't all the way true. i told her i loved yahira more than her. that isn't true and never will be true.

yahira and i have a strong connection. it's just not a sunny and i connection. nothing could top that. not even to my future wife, i may love her more than sunny, but it's never going to reach the level of sunny and i. which is probably going to be the reason of endings in my future relationships.

yahira and i had dated for 2 years. i spent the year getting to know her. her personality is wild. i enjoy her presence. she's beautiful as well.

but is this what i actually think of her? what actually made me ask her out.

the question made me think if yahira was just there for me to use. i used her alright and it worked. sunny is jealous. and i hurt her. she said she hated me.

i never thought in my life sunny would hate me. it made my heart clench thinking about her words last night.

i hate you, dane evans.

i get out of mind hearing the elevator ding and the doors opening. the office is filled with cheers while i walk in. i give everyone a small smile. i'm not in the mood to celebrate, unfortunately.

i head to my office and slam the door shut. i rest my stuff on the desk. i look around, everything was still in place. a few dust mites here and there. nothing a little cleaning can't fix.

i sit down at my desk and turn on my laptop. thousands of emails fill the laptop screen. forgot about those.

i got a couple moments to myself before george comes in. everybody hates george.

"glad to have you back, evans." i just stare at him. what is he about to do to ruin my day in every way possible?

"i was thinking after the investment trip in europe, we should invest somewhere, where nobody would think we would invest. i think it'd be good for us."

"i'm not traveling anywhere. have tobais do it." he held up his hand,

"no, no more traveling, at least for a while. need to check up on our investors from time to time. but i was thinking the fashion route," my eyebrows raised. fashion? seriously.

"no." i immediately said, i don't think it'd be a good investment. it might make our investors think we're pussies and back out on investments.

"no?" he seemed shocked by the quickness of my response.

"yes, no. i think it'll make the company look bad. investors will back out." george purses his lips. he seems to be thinking of something else to say back. probably that i was right.

"a lot of changes are coming."

"what changes?"

"women. women changes. we decided-"

"who's we?" i said sounding a little angry. a lot of decisions are happening and i'm not even in on them?

"tobais and i." his name made me angry. the idea of him and sunny together? for 3 years. she could be committed to him, but not me? i decided to hear this sudden change.

"we decided we need more women working in the office. we want to pair with women investors. recently, they've been doing better then men statistically, and if we work with them, it'll look good for us and future investors coming to invest in us. we invest in the women, they invest in us." this plan... was smart.

"so, fashion?" he smirked, this is the last time george gets his way. i can't wait for him to be fired, quit, or retire so i can have his spot and and make better decisions for this company.

"we want to start with this fashion business, she's small for now, but we've been watching her and everyday she's becoming big and well known. us investing in her does good for her and us. she used to work for me actually." i raised my eyebrow. who could this girl be?

"who is she and when should we set up a meeting?"

"sunny cameron. there's one friday. she doesn't know you and tobais are sitting in on it."

great. this love triangle won't be awkward at all.

vote. comment. share.

- renee 💗