thirteen.

SUNNY *ೃ

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

.
.
.

i loved that he told me about his day. it made me feel special. special enough someone would tell me about their day. i sat there smiling like an idiot when he told me how his day has been.

"so, so far the best part of my day has been having lunch with this beautiful girl. she makes my heart stop beating." i felt myself getting red in my cheeks.

"tobais..." i stated his name nervously he takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"what else happened today?" i asked, this time around i really want to get to know him. and also, maybe explore what that tongue of his can do.

"i had this meeting and i got with george and his company... and he wanted to collaborate ideas for better investment. i'm working with dane evans. you know him right?" i choked on the sushi i was eating.

little do you know, i know him too well. like, too well.

"yeah, he's um, cara's husband." i picked up the water on the table to clear my airway.

"word around the office, he cheated on her." i choked on the water.

"are you okay? you keep choking." he chuckles a little.

oh you know, i'm the girl he cheated with. while being the best friend of cara. things are going great, tobais! thanks for asking!!

"no, yeah, i'm fine. food keep going down the wrong pipe. wow, cara didn't even mention to me he cheated. that's crazy." i don't like how they're about to get connected. and to be working hand in hand. what if dane mentions me? what if tobais mentions me?

maybe it won't happen. i really don't want to lose tobais. i need them to hopefully to just work and not be friends behind the scenes.

tobais took me home after our lunch together. all my mind could do is think about how they could find out about me messing with the both of them. even though dane and i are over, i am all about tobias.

dane likes having too much protection over me. and if he were to find out, he would probably beat the shit out of tobais. and tobais has a really cute face, i would hate for dane to ruin it.

i'm not going to worry about it, until i think i need to.

"you've been in your thoughts since i mentioned dane, are you okay? really." tobais asked me.

honestly, no. dane evans bought me a house and you don't even know about it. and i don't plan on telling you.

"yeah, i just can't believe dane might've cheated on cara. it doesn't sound like him."

"sometimes we think we know someone."

sometimes we think we know someone. those words that replayed in my mind. what will happen when tobais finds out. i need to tell him.

"tobais..." he looked over at me. i adored everything about him before it was all over in seconds, minutes, even.

"what's up, beautiful?"

"i need to tell you something." my heart starts to race. he raises an eyebrow at me. i gulp a little.

his phone starts to buzz and my heartbeat slows down. saved by the phone. he let's it buzz still staring at me.

"are you gonna answer?"

"well i wanna listen to you." this man knew exactly what to say to anything.

"trust, it's not that important, just answer." i smile a small smile. he picks his phone and raise it up to his ear.

he went into this serious mode when it came to work. it turned me on. i liked it, it was absolutely sexy.

the phone call ends and he doesn't look happy. i sit up straight, waiting for him to say something.

"i have to go." he said quickly. he grabs his keys and his sweatshirt. he starts to walk to my door.

"is everything okay?" i stand up following him. he doesn't say anything. he opens the door and slams it behind him.

not knowing if he's okay, made me anxious. maybe he found out the truth. the truth about dane and i.

i sat back on the couch, fiddling with my fingers. if only i knew what was going on in his head.

vote. comment. share.

- renee 💗