twentyfour.

SUNNY
apartment scouting

.
.
.

i figured this time would come. i've lived with kyra for a while and yes, i'm one hundred precent grateful. but it was time for me to get up and move out. i was starting over.

i've got a new investment coming for me and old-new lover. nothing is stopping my happiness.

i'm currently apartment shopping for myself. i guess you could say this is my self-care. wel not necessarily, by myself. dane wanted to come with me.

i finally feel certain peace with myself. a start over period with dane... an ending with tobais. life is moving great. this is the peace i deserve.

i'm meeting with a realtor for this apartment i saw online last week. 2 bedrooms 1 and a half bathroom. from the pictures, i loved her.

it made me think back to the house dane bought me. i know it's been empty, unused. maybe, maybe i don't need to look for an apartment. possibly, we could live there, together, without hiding.

my phone rings. i pick up the phone and raise it to my ear.

"sunny?" a whimpered voice enters through my phone.

"olivia?" my voice feels with concern as it was my sister through the phone.

"um, let me stay with you? i know we haven't spoken but-" i cut her off.

"you're still my sister. and i have too much love for you. yes, you can stay with me."

"where are you and olivia going to stay, sunny?" dane asked me, i paused. where are we going to stay? i've been in and out of hotels.

realization hit. i need that house. at least, temporarily. i really have no place to stay, so, this is it, for the moment.

an attractive male walks by my car. black t-shirt, skinny ripped jeans, and high top converse.

i didn't realize i was staring hard until dane noticed me staring at the beautiful man.

"i am sitting right here." i snap into reality.

"i know, i can always look." i saw with a smirk. that's going to put him in a mood.

"no, no you can't always look." i ignore him. i quickly leave the car to introduce the man waiting outside the apartments.

"hi." he says very simplistic with a smile. i recognize he was these dimples. for some reason my mouth was literally watering.

"hi. i'm sunny. you're the realtor vito? hopefully i'm correct or this is embarrassing." i put my hand out, hoping he would shake it.

a car door slams. my car door slams. i look back and dane expresses much attitude on his face.

"well sunny, you'd be correct." he takes my hand and kisses the back of it. i giggle slightly.

"excuse me?" dane scares me, i didn't even hear him walk up behind me.

"sorry, man, i'm vito." vito puts his hand out, dane doesn't shake it. he gives a cold stare. i could see his jaw clenching. tightly.

i feel myself slightly blush in the moment. hot guy vs my hot guy.

"are you going to show us the apartment?" dane said very rudely.

"dane." i seethe.

"just asking a question." he spit back immediately.

"i'm sorry, do you mind showing us the apartment, he's having an off day." vito walks me in the direction of stairs. dane quietly follows behind.

"ladies first," he says, while opening the door to reveal the most beautiful apartment. dane gives him a dirty look, while passing him.

don't get me wrong, my last apartment, she was everything, but this apartment, this apartment was sexy.

the floors were this frosted pine color. the walls were a plan white. it had an aesthetic please to it. it turned me on just a little bit.

"would you like to see the bedroom?" he raised an eyebrow to me. i giggle in excitement, the bedroom is the best place, anywhere.

"here, you have a walk-in closet, that connects to the bathroom. you also have a beautiful balcony, that leads to the bathroom as well." i want it. i want this apartment. dane is on his phone, which sort of irritated me.

he asked to come, i expected him to at least show some type of care of being here. vito's phone begin to ring.

"excuse me one moment, my wife is calling." dane looks up at him in confusion. vito leaves the room.

"you done being jealous?" i asked, while looking out the window doors to the balcony.

"i don't know why you're acting like i have no reason to be jealous." he says while he's still on his phone.

"you don't, the man is married."

"sorry, if the girl i love is making googly eyes at the realtor doesn't make me a jealous." he was right, i was being disrespectful to him. i have to stop acting like it's just my feelings that matter in our situation.

i walk over to him. i take his phone and turn it off.

"i'm sorry, that wasn't right of me to do that to you. you know i'm all for you. no man, can get in the way of us. we've been through to much. i love only you, okay?" i grab his face and smile at him. he passionately kisses me.

"do this again and you'll be in trouble." i out my hands up in defense in a playful way.

"do you want this apartment?" he asked me bluntly.

"the apartment is beautiful, i mean it was everything i could ever want." i walk away from him and look outside at the city view. something in my guy is telling me, even though it's an amazing apartment, i cannot have it.

"okay, but, do you want the apartment?" it felt sad to even have to answer.

"dane, i want it so bad. but something in me is telling me i shouldn't." he's confused by answer.

"you know i'll get you whatever you want, sunny, you can have this apartment."

"what about the house you got me? i still have the key." he sighs and shoves his hand into his pants.

"like i said, you can have whatever you want. the house is still yours, the apartment can be yours." for some reason, spoiling me is not my love language. he loves it, which makes me question myself at times. do i even deserve it?

"i want to live with you." i said out of impulse, but i had more to say.

"i want us to be permanent. i know you're my lover, wherever you are i want to be right with you."

"as much as i love the apartment, it's not going to give us that room to grow as i want us to. if we're starting over, i want it to be in that house, that house you bought me."

he walks over to me. he looks impressed. i look at him in his eyes.

"okay. we'll move into together." i hug him tightly.

a few minutes later, vito came in. we decided to decline the offer of the apartment. we're moving in a different direction. the right direction.

vote. comment. share.

- renee 💗