twentyeight.

DANE

@ the ring store

.
.
.

let's take things back to earlier today. right when sunny called me.

"what's up?" i answer.

"needed your opinion on something. you have a few minutes?"

"um, just a few, make it quick, please?" i simply try to rush her, to throw her off. or make her mad. it's just the distraction i need for this to go well.

"well, i was thinking if i should turn this studio into a boutique." i loved the idea. and i know how much this will mean to her if she switched the feeling of her studio. but, again, i had to throw her off my track. try to piss her off as much as possible.

"whatever you want. it's all yours. i love you, go to go, i'll see you at home." and i quickly hung up the phone with no hesitation.

i've made the mistake of hanging up on her too quickly. she threatened that i'd end up like the husbands on deadly wives. sometimes i get really concerned when she puts in on the tv for fun.

"her ring size is an 8." i shoved my phone in my pocket. and eagerly wait for the ring i picked out for her. i know she's not looking for anything big and bright. it's not small either. i want it to be noticeable. especially for the men--that constantly stare at her when we're out. it'll put them in their place. i know that.

"we can have the ring resized by tomorrow." tomorrow was perfect. because that's when i would propose. tomorrow is the day we met, 4 years ago.

does it make me nervous? yes, yes it does. i was going back to work with my assistant and notice a woman. she had the figure of sunny. and then i saw her car, i knew my plan was falling into place.

the phone call obviously wasn't part of the plan, but it helped in some way. initially, i was supposed to piss her off enough to storm to my office and confront me. is this the most evil proposing plan ever? yes.

is it suppose to throw her scent off? completely. that's exactly what i plan to do. after she finds out, she'll probably hit me and call and idiot. but, i'll be an idiot with a future wife.

jenn, she helped me, unintentionally. i really don't talk about my personal life at work. the only person to know anything is my assistant. i'm beginning to open up to someone other than sunny. it's kind of a relief.

jenn didn't know i had a girlfriend. and she told me about it at work. she said that the idea of me having a girlfriend was crazy. i did confront her and defended sunny. i wasn't about to let that slide. it did definitely keep her quiet. i could tell she was embarrassed. knowing sunny is an overthinker, it sort of helped in a way.

did i have major guilt for proposing in this way? yes. could i possibly lose my girlfriend? yes. is it worth it for a wife in the end? i really hope so.

i know she'll bring up the interaction and the real plan is a-go.

.

.

.

when i made it home, i noticed olivia leaving and sunny giving me the dealiest look in the world. my story might end up on deadly wives.

"sunny?" i place my stuff down by the door. and walk over to her direction. she starts to pour some wing into a glass. looking at the bottle, it's not her first glass.

i slowly wrap my hands around her waist. she wiggles herself out of my hold. she simply stares at me and walks away. she uses her hips when she's upset with me. it draws more attention to her. yeah, this woman was mad at me for sure.