arisu ryōhei x reader

this was requested by a lovely reader of mine: -arisusgf , sorry it took so long to create your request, but i hope you'll like this angst. ;)

Three years and a half. That's how long you've been together already.

But you know deep down, something changed.

Not just him, but you did too.

The love that you both thought would last forever, now completely disappearing like smoke being one with the wind.

It wasn't toxic, no. But rather, dull and boring unlike before when you were still so in love and so young.

You can't keep up with this anymore. Chaining yourself to someone you no longer love is a different kind of torture. You want to break free and find happiness again, you want the same for him too.

"Three years," You whispered. "We never left each other within those three years."

"Y-Yeah." Arisu forced a smile. "Do you want to break up with me? Is that why you wanted to talk?" He softly asked, slowly reaching out for your hand for him to hold.

"Ryōhei..." You sighed, unable to look at him.

You want to let go already, but it pains you being in this situation with him. As much as possible, you want this break-up to go smoothly, but how will that happen when he's looking so fragile right now?

"It's a yes or no question, Y/N." Arisu smiled, eyes now glistening. "Be honest, I won't get mad. I never will. I told you remember? Be true about what you really feel."

"It's just...the love isn't there anymore, Arisu. I don't know. I don't feel the same spark as before. And I don't—God, I just...this is hard." You slowly sobbed, one by one the tears started to fall down.

Silence took over the place, the only noise that can be heard is your sobs.

"I want you to be happy." His voice broke. "I want what's best for you."

You just wanted to stop already and take a break, but it has to be done.

"I know this is hard for you. Because you've always been a softie, eh, Y/N?" Arisu chuckled to ease up the atmosphere. You slowly wiped your tears away before releasing a wry laugh. "Stop crying, baby."

Biting your lip, you tried your best to stop yourself from crying even more.

"Let me do it for you, Y/N." He heaved a deep sigh, standing up before encircling his arms on your body. "Let's break up."

You blinked furiously, frozen in place before sobbing once again. He did it for you. He loves you yet managed to break up with you so you can be happy again.

You hugged him slowly, muttering apologies and all.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay." He comforted, even though he's close to crying his heart out, he wanted to remain strong until you leave his apartment.

Arisu never felt so hurt. His heart being stabbed by thousands of knives, shattering into pieces and it keeps on repeating. Pain was slowly killing him and he doesn't know what to do.

He wondered, will I still be able to find love and be happy again?

oh my gosh, hellooo! it's been a while. i hope you guys are doing fine and that you are safe and healthy. pls take care of yourselves and your families. stay tuned and i will no longer be accepting requests, thank you!