arisu ryōhei x reader

A lot has changed ever since the witch game occured. A lot of people died, got injured, got killed. You witnessed the whole scene unfold, how that fire devoured the whole place as if it was some sort of monster. That changed you. Everything changed you.

Whilst curiosity kills, fear...fear tortures you without you noticing, until it slowly burns you alive, agonizingly. And that is something you don't want to happen to yourself. Once a selfless being, now someone who is selfish enough to not care about the others— them may be her old friends.  

"I heard she let her friend die in order to save herself. What a shame."

"Really? Her friend? Wow, she sure is something."

Swallowing the lump that formed on your throat, you hissed at the two girls who were quite obvious with their gossip.

"If you don't get out of my sight, I'll kill you both myself." With a menacing glare, you pulled out your gun.

They ran like chickens at the sight, their retreating forms made you lose your composure as you chuckled. You then pulled the trigger, water sprouting out.

"Bitches don't even know the difference between a real gun and a water gun."

"This is why you don't have any friends." Chishiya muttered when he walked infront of you, lightly bumping your shoulder with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Asshole." You whispered.

Your scowling face soon turned to a sad one as you watched Chishiya's retreating form. He didn't know what happened, did he? Well, at least he won't judge you severely like those girls from earlier did.

With a heavy sigh, you hid your water gun and left to go get some fresh air. The building had its rooftop and no one goes there, maybe because of the creepy hallways they have to go through before reaching the top.

It took you almost half an hour to reach the rooftop, but you thankfully did without any complications. Fresh air immediately kissed your face as soon as you opened the metal door.

For once, a small smile etched on your lips, the cold breeze swaying your hair along with it. You slowly stood at the edge of the roof, looking down at the ground before wincing once you saw how tall the building was.

You're sad and devastated, but never did it cross your mind to end your own life. You wanted to get out alive, that's what you promised her.

"Holy shit! Are you going to jump? No, don't!"

"What—I'm not gonna fucking jump, dumbass." You carefully jumped away from the edge before giving him a gangster look. "Why are you meddling anyway? Why are you even here? I didn't noticed your presence, didn't even heard you coming."

"O-Oh, I was already here when you came. I-I was sitting behind that board." He pointed at the large board where a single person could fit behind it.

"Hm." You replied, rolling your eyes. "You didn't answer my question; what are you doing here?"

"To clear my thoughts. Everything's just so unreal, yet real at the same time. I needed time for myself so I can focus and set aside fear."

You licked your lips, watching him from your peripheral vision. You understood completely what he was saying so you stood silent while the wind continued to caress your body.

"What about you? You're Y/N, right? What are you doing here?"

His questions made you furrow your brows for a bit, yet you still answered them all nonetheless.

"Yes, that's my name." You muttered in a low voice. "Just here to clear my mind as well, I guess."

A moment of silence before he spoke once again.

"I'm Arisu, by the way!"

"I know who you are." You slightly glared at him before avoiding eye contact once again.

"Oh..."

Sighing, you sat on the edge of the rooftop, swinging your feet freely as you closed your eyes to feel the air.

"Are you gonna stand there forever or are you gonna join me here to feel the fresh air?" You asked without looking at him.

"Oh, right! Uh, if you don't mind!"

You patted the seat beside you. You swore you won't make any friends anymore after she died, but there's something about him that made you realize things. You can't do anything about what happened anymore, it already happened, there's no point sulking about that. But you shouldn't let that prevent you from meeting other people and befriend them.

This is what she wants. This is what I'll do...for her.

Glancing at Arisu, you plastered a small smile.

"I used to see you hanging out with another girl before."

Your smile faltered.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Mika, was it? Miya?"

Chuckling lowly, you answered. "Mika. She died."

You felt his eyes on you, surveying your movement, your facial expressions.

"I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine. Let's not talk about that anymore, it's all in the past already."

You thought he won't talk anymore after that, but you were wrong. You felt him holding your hand, soothing it gently.

"You're right. I'm sure she's happy that you're alive. But, if it still hurts, you can stop putting on your tough mask and cry the pain out. It's just us two. No one else but us."

The more you stared deeply into his eyes, the more you can see Mika's warm orbs. Slowly, the tears fell from your (e/c) ones, sobs escaping your lips.

"I'm so sorry, Mika."

"Come here, come here."

His arms wrapped around your crying form, hand rubbing circles around your back as he stayed silent, letting you cry your heart out.

You kept it all inside for a very long time. Now that someone was generous enough to lend a helping shoulder for you to lean on, you just...broke down. It felt rather good.

"Thanks." You whispered, wiping away the stains your tears left.

"No problem! What are friends for, right?" He smiled.

You stopped for a moment, blinking slowly. A small smile then appeared on your lips.

"Right. What are friends for."

how's everyone doing? ;)