The Guardians: Chapter 23

Tuesday,
March 15, 2022,
10:07am.

I. Don't. Want. To. See. Jeon. Wonwoo.

It's almost PE class and I am honestly not even the slightest bit ready to face Jeon Wonwoo! What I did last night instantly became my nightmare so I had a hard time struggling to sleep thinking about me and my guts.

That I got some guts to actually peck his cheek.

Haaa~!!

He must've thought that I'm some kind of a bad girl or something.

Flirting?

No~!!

I wasn't flirting or trying to seduce him. Oh my god. I'm such a nutcase. Why would I even do that? I didn't even confirm myself about my feelings. And Wonwoo, he probably don't have any feelings for me. He probably only see me as a friend who's always there for him.

Maybe because I see Jeonghan as a friend, so karma hits me back and make Wonwoo see me as a friend too.

But that's okay.

Maybe it's just temporary feelings like what happened to Jeonghan before.

"H-Haekyung." I heard a familiar voice called me. I turned around and suprisingly it's Jeonghan.

Speaking of the devil.

"Hey, Jeonghan." I smiled to him.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

We went to the rooftop. I suddenly remembered what happened the last time we met. I disappointed him saying I only see him as a friend who treated me like his own sister. Jeonghan must've felt so devastated. Maybe I gave him hope, but I never actually meant to give him hope.

"I like you, Haekyung." His sudden confession widened my eyes. He chuckled seeing my reaction after that.

"I know you don't feel the same way. I just wanted to let you know. I'm not hoping for you to change your mind and accept me, you really don't have to. You don't have to think of this as a confession so I don't have to think of this as a rejection." He ended up smiling but why does that smile looks so weak and tenuous which makes me worried.

Now I feel guilty.

"Jeonghan, I'm so sorry for not feeling the same way. I-"

"Haekyung ah." He cut me off, I was already crying without me realising. He wiped my tears while still wearing the tenuous smile.

"Can I hug you?"

I slowly nodded my head.

He pulled me into a hug and buried his face on my shoulder. He slowly stroked my hair down gently, my tears couldn't stop falling. I feel so bad and guilty to Jeonghan. I broke someone's heart without realising.

He broke the hug.

"Yah, I told you don't think of this as a confession and I don't think of this as a rejection!" He scolded me but teasingly. I chuckled and wiped my tears away.

How could he acted as if it's fine.

"It's okay, Haekyung. You don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine so you should too." He gave me the convincing yet healing smile. And I suddenly remember that's the smile that he gave me on our first met, it's the exact same smile.

The healing smile.

"Get ready for your next class, I'll see you later~" He smiled as he pushed me away softly.

"See you later!" I waved my hands before running to the toilet to change my uniform to PE attire.

After I've done, I headed to the field alone. Before I reached the field, I peeked to see if there's Wonwoo or not. As I hoped, he's still not there. I went there but suddenly two girls pulled my arms.