x.

t e n

"I'm pregnant?"

My nerves were jumping with the utmost joy. I was pregnant! There was a little baby growing in me. A smile stretched across my face and I internally jumped for joy. "Chris!" I screamed. I wanted him to know he was going to be a dad.

"Mya?" He asked barging through the door. "What's wrong?" He questioned while looking around for any faults until his eyes landed on the white stick in my hands and a broad smile on my face. "You're pre..preg-?" I nodded eagerly placing the test in his hands, "Yeah, I'm pregnant!" I screamed running into his arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist while my hands cupped his face. "We're gonna have a baby." He said it as if hearing from his own mouth was the verification he needed. He began smothering my lips with kisses then all over my face making me giggle.

I know that there's a chance I might not even be pregnant right now but I had two whole days without any birth control about a month ago.

Then it hit me.

Jacob and I were together at that time.

Oh shit.

"We gotta go to the doctor. We have to buy baby things! Shit, I'm gonna be a dad?"

I nodded slowly, not so sure if he's the father.

I slapped myself mentally. I can't believe I'm such a whore. But my smile wasn't wavering anytime soon. I wanted a baby and no matter what, they'll still be my baby. "I want you with me today so we can go straight to the doctor."

"Okay," I grinned. He brought me to our original bedroom and sat me on the bed. "Nothing is going to happen to you or my child on my watch." He stated proudly pulling out his work clothes and a form fitting red dress. "Wear this today." He placed the dress next to me then undressed himself before pulling off my shirt leaving me in just my underwear. I slipped on the dress over my head and pushed my hands through the arms.

"Zip it up for me?" I asked Chris while nibbling on my lip. He cautiously placed his hand on my zipper and pulled it up ever so slowly.

"I'd much rather do the opposite of this right now but I'm going to restrain myself. I don't want to risk anything."

I smiled, "can I ask you a question?" He nodded as he put on his jacket. "Uh, why... Why are you so happy for a baby now?"

He slid his tongue along his bottom lip and nodded in understanding, "I had a feeling you were going to ask this sooner or later." He sighed loudly, "when you left, I finally realized that I couldn't afford to lose you. As you saw before, the place was a mess. I felt empty without you... I wanted our family to be complete."

Internally, I huffed. Like seriously? After all this much abuse he wants a family? He practically forced down the birth control this morning. He confusing me. He's frustrating me.

"I love you Mya."

"I love you too, Chris." I wrapped my arms around his neck and locked our lips.

💍

We stepped off the elevator with a few other employees. Chris held my hands in his as we made our way forward to his office. I gave a light smile to Michael who replied with a strained one.

"It doesn't look like Jacob's here yet," Chris mumbled as we did in front of the PA's desk, "Could you get me a cup of coffee in the break room?"

"Sure," I said before he placed a kiss on my forehead. I walked down the rows of cubicles then opened the door to my right with 'Break Room' engraved into the wood. I stepped inside, closing the door behind me and placing my purse on the table.

"Ahem!" Someone falsely cleared their throat to catch my attention. I turned around to the source and gasped. "Long time no see." Jacob looked beyond pissed but I couldn't help admiring him. He wore a pair of black formal pants and a plain white long sleeved business shirt with a pink tie and black shiny shoes.

"H-hi Jacob." I resumed making my way to the coffee machine.

"You look nice. Who's it for, me?" I remained silent and he sighed. "Look, I refuse to believe that you left just to go back to him.."

I turned around quickly, "Are you serious? I would never go back to him, I went-"

"You went for a divorce?" He rushed over to me pinning me against the counter, "God, I thought you didn't love me but now that you're getting a divorce I just can't wait!" He kissed my lips then my neck, his fingers trailing the zipper on my back. I attempted to push him off when he grabbed unto my breast, looking up into my eyes. "I love you so much Mya. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have kids wit-."

"I'm not getting divorce!"

"What?" He looked at me disgustedly, backing away from me until he hit the back of a chair.

"I'm not leaving him."

He looked at me stunned. "Why?"

The coffee machine went off before I could think of a proper excuse. Talk about saved by the bell. I poured out Chris's coffee in a styrofoam cup, stirring one packet of sugar in it before closing it down with a thin plastic lid. I turned around and grabbed my purse only for a hand to take hold of my shoulder. "I love you, Mya."

"And what makes you think I love you, Jacob? I barely know you."

"You didn't say that a couple weeks ago. I'm telling you, you can't deny what we shared in that bedroom and bathroom wasn't something special." He smirked.

"I'm sorry Jacob but that was a mistake."

"No it wasn't!" He exclaimed pulling me closer to his body.

I pulled away from his grasp and stood close to the door, careful not to spill this steaming hot coffee. "Why can't you see I'm married to your boss?"

"I don't care. I love you. He doesn't!"

"For fuck's sake, I don't love you!" And with that I left the room.

Although I was tempted to, I didn't want to tell Jacob that there was a chance I was pregnant with his child when I didn't even know if I was officially pregnant.

I straightened out myself before I entered Chris's office. "What took you so long?"

I took my time going next to him. I leaned across his lap and placed the cup on his desk. "Uh, nothing." I crossed my legs as I sat down on his desk causing my dress to ride up my thighs. "Just a little trouble with the coffee machine." He loosened his tie before getting off his seat and pulling me into a breathtaking kiss.