xxiv.

t w e n t y f o u r.

We opened the large oak doors and made our way to the receptionist's desk. I looked down at the old man with a permanent scowl on his face. "Hi, um, i-" the sight of him intimidates me. Riley came beside me, "She would like to report a case of domestic abuse." I nodded. I bit down on my lip in anticipation as the old man look through some papers before handing me one.

"Fill this out and we'll be right with you." He handed me a pen and I went to sit down. The only seats available were one next to a prostitute and the other next to a pale man with a spiked Mohawk, a couple piercings on his face, hundreds of tattoos and dressed in all black with a couple silver spikes here and there. I was going to sit next to the woman but Riley beat me to it with a grin on her face and Jen in her arms. I slumped down on the chair next to the guy and started filling out the form.

"Domestic abuse, huh?" I heard a deep voice ask. I looked up and across to see it was the stranger with spikes that asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah, me too." That's no surprise. "She got me pretty bad, you know. I just and get this over with so I can get my restraining order."

I gazed at him in shock, "She?" He nodded. Okay, that's a surprise. "What does a restraining order do?" I finished off the form and talked with him. "It prevents the person from coming within a certain radius of you. Like they need to be maybe five hundred feet away from you at all times."

"So if they see me on the same street they gotta cross it?" The guy nodded. "Cute baby, by the way." I thanked him and looked over to Colton in his stroller fast asleep. He was a really heavy sleeper now. The guy, named Tony, wasn't so bad to talk to because now I'm considering that restraining order for Chris. An officer came into the room and went to the receptionist. He exchanged a couple words before turning around but still leaning against the high desk. The officer scanned the room then his eyes landed on me.

He said a couple words to the old man then called me to follow him earning a couple groans from some people who were still sitting. They probably had to wait for a while. I got up and followed behind the officer with Colton through the aisles of busy, busy officers filing paperwork. The officer pulled out the chair in front of his desk and told me to sit, so I did. "I apologize for the mess, October is a busy time when all these creeps decide to do all sorts of crap for Halloween." He smiled, pushing some papers to the side. "My name is Henry Ford, please call me whatever you feel comfortable with." I nodded and handed him the form. His eyes skimmed over it for a few seconds before he frowned.

His face turned serious as he opened an empty folder, placed the file inside and took out another paper, "Name?" I was confused, I thought I already have him my name. "His name please."

"Oh, um, Christopher Micah Johnson" I said. Officer Ford huffed, "Christopher Johnson of Johnson Corp.?" I nodded but he just shook his head. "He's been here twice before for that same reason."

"He's been here before?" Page officer nodded. "But I don't recall..."

He shook his head again, "He was married before. She died a while back, about two or three years ago." I met Chris around that time. "We found her body in the lake on the other side of town and he was the number one suspect but we had no proof that he did it so he got off Scott free and the domestic abuse charges were dropped." Oh, God, I might die if Chris found out. "Don't worry, we'll protect you. Now let's continue, do you have a picture of him?" I gave him a small photo I always had in my purse. "His car? The year, make, model?"

"He took the Rolls Royce to work today. It's black, I don't know the year, I don't know what's a make, the model? I think it's a phantom or something like that. I don't remember all of his license plate but it starts with A 113." The officer scribbled down what I said and asked if he had any recent changes to his body, like tattoos or scars. "No, nothing at all."

"Any places he may be at besides work? Like his favorite place to be."

"He likes to be at the penthouse on the corner of Smith's and 24th Street. No where else." He nodded and continued writing everything I had just said. "So he should be at work right now?" I nodded. "Do you have any proof that he hit you?" I sighed, removing the jacket that I had on to cover all the damage Chris did to me last night. I looked considerably worst than how I did a few hours ago. "Dear Lord," he gasped. He blinked a couple times before he stood up and called another officer into his office.

Jacob Moore

I was reading through some files I was supposed to organize for Mr. Johnson when, "Excuse me, is Christopher Johnson in?" I didn't bother looking up because I couldn't afford to lose my spot right now. I had only now understood what these papers were saying and how it worked. So far, if any of these got out, Chris would be in some deep shit. "Hey!"

"Yes, he's in but you can't disturb him right now because he's in a meeting." I marked my spot with a pencil and looked up at the persistent person. I was taken aback when I noticed it was two officers wanting to speak with Mr. Johnson. They ignored what I had just said and barged into the office. I followed closely behind them. I was surprised at what I saw happening in the office though. The new girl he had hired was sitting, legs open, on his desk with him in between. She wasn't even good at her job and she was only just in the mail room. "Christopher Johnson?" The girl jumped off the desk and fixed her clothes and hair. I never liked her and now I have reason for it.

Chris fixed his attire as much as he could before the officers handcuffed him. "What the hell did I do?" He screamed as they pushed him out the door. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Chris lashed around trying to break free but brought a crowd around the action. "You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"

I hastily made my way in front of Chris and looked him in the eyes. "You hit her again, didn't you?" He smirked a little before trying to act confused. He just pisses me off every single time. I just want to... Fuck! I didn't think at all. All I knew was that my fist had connected with his face. The other officer held me back from doing anymore damage to him. Chris looked at me, blood lining his lips, then spat in my direction before being carried away.

----

600 reads!! I'm so grateful to each and every one of you guys out there reading my book. Words cannot express my gratitude but Thank you! I love you guys and/or gals.

Thanks again for the support!