xiii.

t h i r t e e n

Jacob Moore

Why did I even go to that stupid party anyway? I had fricking headache just listening to Mr. Johnson invite me to that party. Just the sound of his voice sends me on edge as of late and then to hear that he got Mya pregnant? I punched the metal pole that held up the stop sign, instantly regretting it. I held unto my fingers checking to see if they were broken. "Fuck!" I cursed under my breath trying to shake off the pain in my fingers.

I looked around the street trying to figure out why I didn't just drive home instead of  taking such an uneventful walk through the city at midnight. Mya.. Fucking Mya. Sometimes I wished I never met her. She practically made me hurt even more, broke my heart and then announced that she's pregnant? What sick person does that?

I passed a couple face deep in each other's mouths. I groaned loudly kicking a mailbox and turning around to get back to my car. I wonder how far along she is. "Why was she staring at me like that?" I mumbled to myself. It was like she was trying to tell me something. I sighed. I need to go home and get some sleep, I'm starting to think crazy things.

Mya Johnson

I let go a sigh of relief as I fell butt first into the bed, flicking off my heels before climbing up further. "Aren't you going to take off your clothes?" I rose my arms, smiling, signaling him that I want him to remove my clothes. "You really want to do this again? We did this twice already and it's already three in the morning. Don't you feel tired?"

"Yes I do. That's why I want you to take off my clothes. So I can sleep, what did you think I wanted you to do?" I breathed. Chris chuckled and unbuttoned my dress before pulling it over my head. He had already removed his clothes when he laid down next to me, tracing circles on my stomach. "Hey, baby," he whispered. "I'm your daddy. I can't wait to meet you. 7 more months and you'll be here, such a long time I know but the longer the wait the more excited I'll be, if that's even remotely possible." I smiled while running my fingers through Chris's brown locks. "I can't wait to see my little girl," he pressed his lips against my stomach.

"How are you so sure it's a girl?" I asked, raising my brow.

"Because... I just know."

"I feel like it's a girl too." I gazed down at my small bump that Chris was wrapped around sleeping. I guessed it was time for me to sleep too so I closed my eyes and drifted off.

Today Chris wanted me to go to work with him but I couldn't get ready in time. I promised to catch a taxi and meet him there for lunch but he was a little wary about the idea of not having his eyes on me the entire time. I got out of the taxi and made my way to the elevator. I received congrats from several of the employees that found out about the baby only this morning.

I made my way towards the CEO's office, stopping in front of Jacob's desk. "Good morning," I smiled. He smiled looking up but frowned when he saw who it was. "Mr. Johnson is inside waiting for you." I pouted.

"He can wait a little longer. I want to speak with you."

He scoffed and looked around the room. He stood up on his feet and came closer to my face so no one would hear our conversation. "Now you want to talk? What happened to the day you left without warning me? I felt used Mya!" He whispered loudly.

"I-I kno-"

"No, you don't know," he interrupted, "now if you'll excuse me. I'm on my break." He began to walk away but I tugged him back by his sleeve. "I'm pregnant."

"No shit."

I shook my head, "No, Jacob I'm pregnant." I looked up at him with pleading eyes before he finally realized. He knitted his brows together before pulling me into an empty room away from everyone else. "Is it, you know?" He questioned closing the door behind him and flicking on the light. "I don't know yet, could be. Chris kinda," I blushed, "had sex with me the next day or so."

He turned around and breathed heavily. "This is a shitty situation." I nodded.

"I should get going." I said getting out of the room and entering Chris's office.

"Where the fuck were you?" I jumped back against the door after hearing Chris scream across the room. "I've been waiting on you for half an hour."

"I was just running a little late."

He stood up from his seat. "A little late? A little late fucking my PA?"

"Chris I did no such thing! I only spoke to him for a moment but that's it. I wouldn't dear cheat on you!" I broke down crying. I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'd never cheat on you," I mumbled. His eyes soften before he whispered, 'I know', into my ear.

"I'm sorry, I was just worried about you."