xii.

t w e l v e

I rolled over unto my side of the bed with an exaggerated breath. I remained laying on my back trying to catch my breath. I pulled the duvet up closer to my body shielding myself from the cold weather that was approaching.

"I was thinking," Chris began, "for your birthday, why don't we host a big party at the penthouse in the city?" I turned towards him then he enclosed his right arm around me, bringing me closer to his warmth. "We can invite everyone, your mom, my family, my best and most worthy employees and then we'll announce your pregnancy. They'll be so fucking surprised!" I could see his teeth sparkle even in the minimum of moonlight being provided by the balcony doors.

He was happy. Happy about the thought of us being a complete family.

I took a sip of cranberry juice, acting as though it was wine but careful not to spill any on this expensive white dress. I absolutely adored it. The pleated skirt and long sleeved torso completely hid any signs of pregnancy but still complimented my figure.

I shook a couple hands of Chris's colleagues and thanked them for coming after making small talk with them. Chris practically forced me to do this.

"Mr. Abbey I'd like for you to meet the birthday girl and my wife." Chris escorted me towards a man with grayed hair and his arm slung around the waist of a girl probably younger than me. I could see the fear clouding her hazel eyes. I felt sorry for her. Who could possibly be in love with a man like him whose teeth are falling out probably every other day? It was disgusting really.. I just wish I could save her but who says she wants to be saved?

"Hi, how are you?" I greeted shaking the wrinkled hand of the man then the silky skin of the girl. "I thank you both for coming." They nodded and we departed.

"It's time to share the big news, love," Chris smiled against my ear. I liked the idea at first but I'm pretty much breaking the news to unknown people. I didn't know half the people that were here mingling and bringing me gifts. "Come on!" He said pulling me through the crowd and up to the middle of the stairs. With a clink of a glass and a fork, Chris got everyone's attention. My eyes grazed over the crowd, landing on the one familiar face that I haven't seen in ages. "We'd like to thank everyone for coming out and celebrating my wife's birthday." I smiled and shyly waved at everyone before taking a glance down at my red pumps then back at Jacob who was staring at me intently. "We have a big announcement for everyone!" He exclaimed before placing his left hand around my waist and the right on my stomach. "We're having a baby!"

Everyone gasped and applauded, screaming congrats but right in the middle of the room someone choked on their scotch causing them to drop and shatter their glass. Jacob apologized to the persons nearby before storming off towards the exit. I wanted to call him back but this man, who tightened his grip on my hip, seemed to know what was going through my mind.

I looked at the exit door pleadingly, hoping that Jacob would come back with a mop or broom or something, anything.

Unbeknownst to me, my mother was watching me the entire time.

"Mya, darling! Chris!" I heard a high pitched voice drown my ears. I felt her cold fingers grasp my shoulder, turning me around so I tugged on Chris's arm. "Congratulations to both of you."

I smiled lightly at her, "Thanks, mother."

"Yes, thank you Linda."

"Such formalities, I am your mother, Chris. Just call me mum." He nodded. Chris was obviously not interested in calling her anything else besides Linda. "Anyway, Chris, I'd like to borrow your wife for a moment. It won't take too long." He was hesitant to let me go but after receiving a raised brow from my mother he pulled away.

Out of Chris's sight, my mother pushed me towards the empty hall away from the crowd. To be honest, I loved the quietness that was in the narrow room. "Are you cheating on him?" And the moment was ruined.

"What?" I asked, startled.

"Are you cheating on my son-in-law, Mya?"

I took a step back, holding my balance and staring at her with furrowed brows. "What made you think that?"

"Stop answering questions with a question and actually answer me please!" My mother exclaimed.

I stood up straight and composed myself, "No, mother. Now tell me what made you think that?" I seethed.

"The young boy that left? Is he the one you're having an affair with?" She threw questions at me left and right. "Oh God! Is this- Is it his baby?" She questioned pointing towards my growing stomach. I squinted my eyes and huffed at her. Was she really serious? "Are you really serious? No! It," I mimicked her, "is not his baby!" I screamed at her face. I shook my head remembering what Dr. turner had said. "Now if you'll excuse me, my doctor recommended that I should take it easy and not get myself in stressful situations. Have a nice evening, Linda." And with that I left my mother shocked, with a glass of sparkling champagne in her hand.

I hastily walked back to the side of my husband, "What did Linda want to talk about?" He questioned, putting his hand at the small of my back. "Just some motherly stuff. Nothing that concerns you." I assured him. I tugged on his black jacket, pulling him so I could whisper in his ear, "I'm gonna go upstairs. Want to join?"

He nodded eagerly pressing a kiss on my lips then growling, "I love when you're pregnant." I made my way up the stairs quietly, trying not to draw attention to me going up the stairs before my husband. At the top of the stairs, I leaned against the white wall and awaited Chris who came up seconds later. "Did anyone see you?"

"I don't give a shit." He captured my lips with his, pushing me closer to the wall if possible. He opened the door next to me and pulled me in before locking the door and pushing me unto the bathroom counter. I pushed the jacket off his shoulder and loosened his red tie. I clumsily unbuttoned the first first few of his button up just so I could get a view of his heaving chest.

Chris began unbuttoning my dress before taking hold of my breast and placing hungry kisses on them. I moaned into his hair when he freed my bare breast and nipped my nipple. He lifted my skirt after he removed his pants and underwear revealing his semi throbbing erection. He pushed my panties aside and plunged himself inside my soaking wet member earning a small scream from my lips.