undercover - j.h.

undercover

pairing: jay halstead x reader

summary: after realizing a suspect is on the loose, your involvement in the undercover intelligence case becomes a lot more complicated.

word count: 2.2k

note: idk what this was but i hope you like it anyways lol. don't forget to click the star and vote! <3

 don't forget to click the star and vote! <3

The case was chaotic. From start to end, everybody was frantically running around the Intelligence room upstairs. It was never ending for the Intelligence team being constantly one step behind with this one.

You were more involved with the case then the other Intelligence members though. For you, it was an undercover job and you’ve been keeping constant contact with everyone, especially Jay. He’s been your boyfriend for about three years now. And you’re usually his partner but Kim’s been filling in for you while you were laying low and playing the part for the case.

Sergeant Voight had no leverage with this one, nor did he know all of the details. The team keeping secrets was one thing, but keeping secrets from each other was not healthy for anyone.

It all started when you received a phone call from a cryptid number around two a.m. one night when the team had closed the case and you were safely back home.

The phone was ringing on your nightstand and Jay was a heavy sleeper. So, when you easily pulled the sheets and comforter down on your side of bed and grabbed the blanket to shield yourself from the cold living room, he hadn’t budged. 

With squinted eyes and a groggy voice, you hit the green button on your phone screen and spoke. “Hello?” Pulling the blanket up higher and tighter around you to get some security, you couldn’t help but feel a little wary.

Despite that you were a detective who received strange phone calls more often then you’d like. It still gives you awful chills everytime. “Is this detective Y/L/N?” They said into the speaker.

You nodded but forgot they couldn’t see. They knew it was the right number though and continued talking again anyway. “Detective Y/L/N, I have instructions for you. If you tell anybody about this before leaving the premises of your home, I will tell my sniper to shoot Jay. He’s sound asleep in bed right now so don’t even go back to the bedroom”

You were clenching your jaw so tight, you thought a tooth would chip or crack. Especially with the way you were desperately gripping onto your phone, holding onto it for dear life in a shock of confusion. “No, Jay's not. We’re having a late night snack in the kitch—”

“—Not even the blanket you stole from the end of the bed had woken him when you brushed his leg on accident. Right? We wouldn't want to cause a big scene out of this now, would we?”

The voice on the other end wasn’t a recognizable one. Even after the time you spent on the street collecting detailed information for the team. This one in particular had a strange feeling to it. Almost as if it were computerized so you wouldn’t know who he was and with the thought of that in mind, a shiver went down your spine.