♤10♤ bo...bom...bomb

"The first duty of love is to listen."

- Paul Tillich

Earth was standing in front of Mrs Wongratch, grinning from ear to ear, ignoring Mix's eyes which were throwing daggers at him from behind

Mix's mother tilted her head slightly in surprise. Her body rosed up a little on her tippy toes trying to see behind Earth into her son's room. "Earth, I didn't know you were here."

"My apologies Mrs Wongratch. I came here last night because I missed your son and we happen to fall asleep," Earth gave Mix's mother a smile and was about to let her in when Mix appeared next to him, his expression unreadable.

"Mom, hey, um...good morning."

"Good morning, sweetie," Mix's mother smiled softly, lowering herself back to normal, giving her tippy toes much-needed relief. "I made breakfast for you but I didn't know there will be two of you." She looked at Earth, "I hope it's okay if you share."

"Oh, that's more than okay, Mrs Wongratch. Thank you." Earth said. He felt a pang in his heart. It was years since he last time ate something that was prepared by his mom.

"Mom, I told you I can make breakfast for myself. You could have spent that time still sleeping," Mix said frowning. He just wanted his mother to rest as much as she could. If only she wasn't so stubborn.

"I couldn't really sleep anyway," Mix's mother sighed. "I can't stop thinking about the shop and why would that man give us so much money for renovation. What if he'll triple the rent after this?"

"He won't," Earth blurted out without thinking, immediately feeling Mix's fist colliding with his lower back, "ehmm, I mean, it isn't your fault what happened and from what Mix had told me if I understand correctly — that man gave you the money willingly."

"Earth," Mix's mother put her palm on Earth's shoulder, "you are a nice, young man and I see that you are truly interested in my son, but I think that this is the matter just between Sahaphap and me."

Earth ducked his head, stepping a little bit aside from Mix and his mother, "Yes, I'm sorry Mrs Wongratch." Earth wished it was that easy — a matter only between her and Mix — if only.

"Mom, I told you that I will take care of it. You overthinking it, won't help anything."

Mix's mother stroked Mix's cheek, her caring eyes looking at her son softly, "you know I will always care. Let me know later how much everything will cost. I want us to return the remaining money."

Mix flashed Earth a surprised look before focusing back on his mother, "yes, mom, as soon as I'll know the exact cost, I'll tell you."

Mix's mother smiled, "good. I'll be going now, boys. And Earth," she stopped at the door, looking at Earth, "you are always welcomed here but next time maybe bring your own clothes." With that, she turned around and closed the door behind herself.