♤35♤ lies & the liars

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

- Winston Churchill

"My mom just called," Mix said, throwing a piece of sushi in his mouth

"My mom just called," Mix said, throwing a piece of sushi in his mouth. Sitting on a bed three times as big as his own was pretty comfortable, he couldn't lie about that. Earth was sitting opposite him, about to take a sip of the wine when Mix mentioned his mom.

Earth frowned, "she called you?"

"Yup," Mix nodded.

"What did she want? Anything weird?"

"No, just usual, if I'm okay, when I'm coming home...I asked her what she was doing and she said she was busy going from one work to another. It's funny," Mix let out a dry laugh, "I never knew that my mom was such a good liar, Earth. If I haven't seen her with my own eyes, I would never think that she was lying."

"No one wants to think that their parents can possibly lie to them because it hurts when it really happens," Earth sighed, finally taking a sip of the wine that he was about to have before. "My father has been lying to me for years but only now I have found out how fucked up his lies actually are, so that's fun."

Mix licked his lips, his head ducked down, "I'm sorry, things about your father are way more serious than whether my mom is lying to me or not. I'm just making it a bigger deal than it is. We should focus on the fact that Boss was the one who didn't lie at all."

Earth shook his head, reaching for the documents that Boss gave him, which were now silently waiting on the bedside table to be finally opened.

"Both of our problems are important especially because they seem to be connected way more than we were expecting. My father is running a chain of underground casinos where he is employing children and their moms, and your mom apparently knows about it and she is good enough with it that she doesn't mind laughing alongside my father. But, I don't know," Earth massaged his nape, "does she doing it willingly?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"It's my father, Mix. I wouldn't be surprised if he is forcing your mother to be friendly with him."

Mix's eyes snapped upwards to look right at Earth, "you mean that he is—"

"No! No, god, no. Not like that, my father has a type and it's not your mother," Earth quickly said, immediately shutting down Mix's worry at least about something. "I mean friendly like really just friendly. Maybe he needs a female companion whenever he goes to visit those casinos to seem more dignified or something."

"Dignified?" Mix now truly laughed, "and for that, he needs my mother? Out of all the women, I'm sure that he can get he decided to choose my mother. She isn't even his type as you just said."

"I'm just trying to come up with something that would make sense."

"Well, try harder next time."

"Roger that! Captain," Earth saluted with a serious face.