Chapter 8.

Darcy gained a little bit of her memory quickly. Nobody could stop smiling ever since she woke up. It soon became late and I got very sleepy. Darcy was scared about her being in a hospital because she thought she would get some sort of shot. She tightly held my hand and wouldn't let go. I rested my head on her bed and closed my eyes for a minute before she started to speak and I picked up my head again. 

"Mummy?"

"Yes, princess?"

"My head hurts," she said as she began to touch the top of her head. 

I laughed a bit and removed her hands from her head.

"I know, baby. It's going to hurt for a while."

"Why?"

"Because you hurt it and it's going to take some time for it to heal, love," I explained to her. She slowly nodded her head, indicating that she started to understand. 

Everybody else was either asleep on the couches in Darcy's hospital room or on their phones. Most were asleep, only Danielle, Liam and Eleanor were awake. 

"Dani," I whispered.

"What is it, love?" she whispered back.

"I understand that most hotels are booked right now, so take these and sleep in our hotel room. Take everyone with you. It'd be much more comfortable for them to sleep in an incredible hotel room rather than hard, leather hospital couches," I said as I laughed and handed her the room key. 

"No, no, no. That's too much to ask for. We'll find somewhere to stay," she argued.

"Dani, I'm currently not in the mood to argue. Please, just take the keys and go. Once you get there, make yourselves at home," I said, smiling. 

She looked at the key in her hand and back to me. "You're too sweet to us," she said before she hugged me and dragged Perrie out of the room. Eleanor dragged Louis out and Liam dragged out both Niall and Zayn. 

The only people left in the room were Darcy, Harry and myself. I called the nurse and asked for more pillows and blankets and such. She brought them to the room almost right away. 

I made Darcy let go of my hand as I made a small bed on the floor. I laid the blankets out so that Harry and I could sleep on top of them. The extras we would use to cover ourselves. I would sleep with Darcy, but she's in a fragile state and I didn't want to hurt her. 

Harry doze off as I was making the bed for us. I quietly laughed at him. He was on the chair with his arms crossed over his chest, his eyebrows were furrowed and he pouted his lips. I gently shook him awake and he jolted up. 

"What is it? Is there something wrong with Darcy?" He asked with his raspy, sleepy voice. 

"No, but it's sweet that you care so much."

"Of course I care, she's our daughter," he said as he rubbed his right eye, yawned and smiled.

"Is there anything that you needed, babe?" he asked me.

"I'm going to head to the washroom to change into some sweats, again. I can't sleep in jeans. Did you get yourself a pair of clothes?"

He shook his head.

"But I can sleep in my boxers," he replied. 

I giggled and then continued with what I was going to say. "Alright, you can do as you wish. But while I'm changing, I need you to watch Darcy. Okay?"

"Sounds good," he said as he stretched. 

I left the room and went into the washroom. I changed into my sweats as fast as I could then basically ran back to the room. When I entered the room, Darcy and Harry were talking about me. They didn't seem to take note that I was there as they were so into their conversation. I stood in the back of the room, listening. 

"You know, you're so beautiful. Just like your mummy," Harry told her as he took her tiny hand in his large one. She giggled and smiled a bit but that soon disappeared. 

"You're daddy?" she asked, confused. 

"Sure am, love," he answered with a smile plastered on his face. 

"Am I beautiful like you too?" she asked. She stuttered as she spoke the sentence because beautiful was a large word for her, as was like. 

Both Harry and I laughed, that's when they noticed me. 

"Of course you are, baby. If fact, you look more like him than you do, me," I said to Darcy while looking at Harry and smiling. He smiled back. 

"Alright, Darc! Let's go to bed!" I said before I lowered her bed down and kissed her forehead. 

"But I not tired," she whined. 

"You have to, baby. Mummy and daddy are going to bed as well!" I said with excitement in my voice. 

"Okay," she agreed. 

"Goodnight, princess. I love you," I said as I kissed her again.

"Goodnight mummy and daddy," she said. 

"Goodnight, sweetheart," Harry said before kissing her and making his way over to me.

"It's okay with you if we sleep together?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sure. We've done it before. And we don't really have a choice, do we?" I stated.

"Point taken," he said before he took off his jacket and jeans, leaving him in a white T-Shirt and boxers. 

He turned off the light and laid down next to me. We were a good 3 feet away from each other when he suddenly reached over, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me next to him. My back was pressed against his chest. I couldn't move because he had such a strong grip. 

"Goodnight, love,"  he whispered in my ear. He then kissed my earlobe and fell asleep. That was the best I've slept in years. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to fan, vote and comment! :) xx