Chapter 34.

Harry's P.O.V. ~

"D-dad?" Darcy stuttered.

I smiled as I started nodding. She immediately turned and wrapped her arms around my neck, bringing me into an extremely tight hug. I chuckled as I hugged her back.

"Where's mum?" I asked as she pulled away and sat back down.

"At work."

"Your mum still works?" I asked. Darcy nodded her head.

"Why are you out here by yourself, love? It's dangerous, you should know that," I told her as I lifted her up and placed her on my lap. She wiped away a few excess tears.

"I know it's dangerous, but I didn't know where to go," she explained.

"You should be home, beautiful," I told her.

Darcy shook her head furiously.

"I can't go home, AJ's there. He doesn't want me there right now," she said.

"Who's AJ?" I asked.

"Mum's boyfriend."

"B-boyfriend?" I asked, shocked. Darcy nodded.

I sighed. I haven't thought about dating another girl since the incident four years ago. It just didn't feel right. The boys all tried numerous times to get me to start dating again. I just couldn't do it. They've set me up on blind dates, taken me to clubs and more but nothing ever worked. No one compared to (Y/N). No one could compete with her beauty. About a year and half ago, the guys finally stopped trying to "help."

"Why doesn't he want you there?" I asked, taking myself out of my thoughts. Darcy shrugged.

"He hit me and then told me to leave and come back before mum comes back home."

I sat there, speechless.

"He hit you?!" I practically shouted. She nodded. I stood up and stood Darcy up with me. I held her tiny hand in mine and asked her to lead the way back to their flat.

After a few minutes of walking, we reached a large apartment building. We walked in, went into the elevator, reached the right floor and ended up standing in front of the door to their flat in minutes.

I bent down so that Darcy and I were at eye level.

"I'll be back tomorrow, okay?"

"Why can't you stay?"

"Because I have no business being here right now, love. Do you know if your mum is working tomorrow?"

"I don't think she is."

"Then I'll definitely be here tomorrow. I really need to talk to your mum."

Darcy nodded before I kissed her cheek, stood up straight and knocked on the door. I tapped my foot impatiently against the floor as we waited for the door to be opened.

A few seconds later the door was opened by a man that was about my height, had blue eyes, straight brown hair and the same body type as I. He smiled awkwardly before quickly and quietly rushing Darcy back into the flat.

When Darcy entered the flat, she turned around and pulled at the hem of my jacket, about to say something.

"Keep it," I said to her before I turned my gaze back to the man in front of me.

"Hit my daughter ever again and I will beat the living shit out of you," I said confidentially before walking down the hall, into the elevator, out of the lobby and out of the apartment building.

Your P.O.V. ~

I tiredly dragged myself up to my flat. Rehearsal was exhausting. Many difficult changes were made to the routine. We had to learn them quickly.

I entered my flat, being greeted by quietness. I sighed before taking my shoes off, putting my keys and phone on the small table near the door and walking into the living room. The TV was on but no one was there. I walked upstairs and checked Darcy's room. She was laying on her stomach on her bed with coloring books laid out in front of her.

I smiled at my daughter before walking in the room and sitting on the bed.

"Hi, baby," I greeted her.

"Hi, mum," she replied without looking at me.

"It's late, you should be in bed, princess," I told her. Darcy sighed as she closed up her coloring books and her crayon case and stacked them onto the table that was put in her room.

She was already changed into her pajamas. I got off the bed, pulled the duvet back and pulled the duvet back over her once she got settled in bed. I said good night and kissed her forehead before I was about to exit the room.

A few seconds before reaching the door, a jacket on the chair that belonged to Darcy's table caught my eye. I took a step back, and then walked to the jacket, picking it up and analyzing it. I couldn't recognize it. It was a jacket for men. It definitely wasn't one of AJ's jackets.

"Darc, where did you get this jacket?" I asked as I turned around and looked at her, still holding the jacket in my hands.

"Daddy gave it to me," she replied before turning and laying on her side.

I looked at her with furrowed eyes, confused.

"When did daddy give it to you, babe?"

"Earlier today," she answered.

I couldn't tell if she was lying to me or telling the truth. Either way it didn't matter to me.

I put the jacket back down on the chair and made my way back over to the door.

"Goodnight, baby. I love you," I said before shutting off the light and leaving the room, deep in thought.