Chapter 32.

"Babe, you okay?" Katelyn asked, knocking on the door. I wiped away the last few tears and wiped my nose with a tissue.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you've been in there for quite a while."

"I was just thinking."

"You just got here and I'm not going to argue with you. I don't believe you, but I'll leave it as it is."

"Thanks, babe."

"It's nothing. Are you gonna come out?" She asked as I heard her jiggling the door handle. I wiped my nose with another tissue before I stood up from the bed, walked to the door and opened it for her.

Katelyn sighed once she looked at me. My eyes were red and puffy. Instead of asking what was wrong, she decided on not to bring it up.

"Um, I was thinking that maybe us three could go to the mall to get your mind off of some stuff! You know, just walk around, shop and stuff," Katelyn said.

"Um, sounds good. When did you want to go?"

"It's kind of late now, but we could go tomorrow morning and just spend the day shopping and walking around?"

"Sounds good. Where's Darc?"

"Downstairs watching something on Disney Jr. She looked really tired."

"I'll put her to bed," I said before walking past Katelyn and going downstairs.

I stepped into the living room and saw that Darcy was laying down on the couch with a fluffy green blanket on top of her. She was watching some kids show that involved Mini Mouse and Daisy Duck. I made my way over to her and squatted down next to the couch. She looked at me and we were at eye level. I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled down at her.

"You tired, baby?" I asked her.

"A little."

"Lets go to bed," I said to her before picking her up with the blanket still around her. Once a tugged the blanket off of her, she wrapped her legs around my waist, her arms around my neck and she rested her head on my shoulder. I turned off the TV and then headed upstairs.

Once I walked into my room, I pulled out a pair of Darcy's sleeping shorts and a comfy shirt of hers out of the suitcase and helped her get changed into it. I laid her down under the covers and slid in under the covers with her. As I reached out to switch off the lamp, I heard Darcy croak out a small "mummy?"

I laid back down on the bed without switching off the light and turned to face her.

"Yes, love?"

"When are we going back home?"

"I don't know, baby," I sighed.

"When are we going to see daddy?"

"I don't know, love," I sighed again.

"I miss him."

"Me too, baby," I admitted.

I turned over and turned off the lamp. I turned back over and started to cuddle Darcy in my arms.

Next Morning ~

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and chocolate chip cookies. I opened my eyes and saw that Darcy was no longer in my arms. I stood up from bed and called her name. I checked in the bathroom but she wasn't there. I checked in every other room until I heard giggling coming from downstairs.

I walked downstairs and followed the sound of the giggling. I stood in the doorway of the kitchen and saw Katelyn and Darcy sitting at the dining table while Katelyn tickled Darcy. Her face was close to turning red. I looked at the table to see what they've made. There were many pancakes stacked on top of each other on one plate and a pile of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on another.

"What is this?" I asked, walking into the kitchen and pointing to the cookies. Darcy and Katelyn stopped what they were doing and looked over at me.

"Cookies?" Katelyn said as if it was a question.

"Why'd you make them for breakfast?" I asked.

"Darcy said that she wanted them so we baked them," she replied. I looked over to Darcy who stood with her hands behind her back.

"Babe, did you ask Aunt Katelyn to make those many cookies?" Darcy shook her head.

"I only said a few, she made a lot," Darcy said, emphasizing "a lot."

"Okay, but did you brush your teeth?" I asked her. She shook her head again.

I sighed, picked Darcy up, walked upstairs and into the bathroom. I brushed my own teeth and helped Darcy brush hers. We washed our faces before walking into the bedroom. We both changed into skinny jeans, hoodies, our beanies and UGG boots since it was still cold outside. We walked back downstairs and laughed when Katelyn saw us and said "Awh! You look so cute matching!"

We took a seat at the table and started eating all of the fattening food that was on it. Soon after, we all got into the car and made our way to the mall.

At the mall, both Katelyn and I spoiled the crap out of Darcy. We got her different types of shoes, hoodies, shorts, jeans, sweatpants and beanies. We got things for ourselves, but way more for Darcy.

After a few tiring hours of shopping, Katelyn, Darcy and I decided to go to the food court and grab a quick bite to eat. On our way to the food court, my being my clumsy self accidentally bumped into someone and dropped my bags on the floor.

"I'm sorry," me and the person I bumped into said in unison. Both of us bent down to get the bags until the stranger spoke up.

"No, it's my fault. Let me get your bags for you," his deep voice said as he picked up my bags and handed them to me.

Once he stood up straight, I immediately noticed his piercing blue eyes. A gray beanie covered up his brown hair. He was tan, and very attractive. His dimples showed as he smiled down at me when he gave me my last bag.

"Hey, aren't you (Y/F/N)? Harry Styles's girlfriend?" He asked.

"Ex girlfriend," I corrected him. He smiled a bit.

"So you're not seeing anyone?" I shook my head. He pulled out one of his receipts, ripped off the blank end of it, pulled out a pen, and scribbled something on it.

"Just in case you'd like to go out on a date sometime," he said before handing me the small piece of paper. I looked at it and saw his name and phone number. His name was AJ.

"Thanks, AJ. I'll be giving you a call soon," I cheekily said before starting to walk toward Katelyn and Darcy who was looking at AJ and I.

"What was that all about?" Katelyn asked. I shifted the bags so that I held all of them with one hand and held Darcy's hand with my other.

"I just got asked out," I blushed.