Chapter 35.

"Okay, I have to go to work. Bye, love," AJ said as he put the last of his gym equipment into his duffle bag.

"Alright, bye, babe," I said before he kissed me, said 'I love you,' and left.

Minutes after AJ left, Darcy came downstairs from her room and turned on the TV in the living room. My thoughts went back to the jacket I found in her room last night. I walked into the living room and took the seat next to her.

"Hey, beautiful," I said before wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, mum." She said without taking her eyes off the screen.

There was a short silence.

"What did you mean that the jacket I saw in your room was your dad's?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"It was daddy's jacket. How do you want me to explain it?"

"When did you see him?"

"Yesterday."

"Where?"

"Uh.." Darcy hesitated before the door bell rang. I sighed before getting up to answer it.

I opened the door and saw the tall, handsome, green eyed man that broke my heart four years ago. He wore dark blue skinny jeans, converse, a gray hoodie and he hid his brown locks under an orange beanie.

His left dimple appeared as he smiled when his eyes met mine.

"H-Harry?" I stuttered, stunned that he was in my presence. He nodded before his smile became even wider. I stood there in shock.

"May I come in?" He ask a bit awkwardly. I smiled a bit and nodded, moving away and creating a path for him to walk. As he stepped into the flat, he looked around.

"Daddy!" Darcy shouted as she jumped off the couch, ran toward Harry and tightly hugged him.

"Hello, gorgeous," Harry chuckled as he picked her up and kissed her cheek. I looked at them in awe until Harry spoke up.

"(Y/N), I need to talk to you."

"Okay, come into the kitchen and I'll make some tea. We can just talk in there," I replied.

Harry nodded before putting Darcy down and whispering something into her ear. She nodded and went into the living room. Once Harry stood up straight, I led him into the kitchen.

"How have you been?" I asked as I filled the kettle with water.

"Good, good." He muttered as he watched me. I placed the kettle on the stove top and turned it on so that the water would start to heat up.

"Do we have to keep talking about each other or can I get to the point of what I need to say?" Harry blurted out. I said a small "go ahead" as I walked toward the cupboard and pulled out two mugs.

Harry took a deep breath before speaking.

"Darcy's getting abused by your boyfriend."

I looked at him in shock.

"AJ wouldn't hit Darcy." I said, turning off the stove and pouring the hot water into the mugs.

"But he did. Darcy got hit by him just yesterday, she ran outside and cried in the alleyway near the coffee shop around the corner until I found her there." He said. I rose my eyebrows at him.

"Don't you think Darcy would tell me if he hit her?" I asked, taking the small tea packets and placing them inside of the mugs. I handed one to him and left the other on the counter. I turned around and leaned my back against the counter.