Chapter 19 - Katniss

(Well, apparently only one person had an opinion last time, so I'll ask again. Should I add Johanna's POV to the story? You can't read any more unless you answer 😜)

(Katniss's POV)

September passes quickly, with learning my lines for drama, hanging out with Madge, Peeta, and Annie all the time, and babysitting Prim and Rue. They keep asking me for "relationship advice," though they won't tell me who needs it. I just roll my eyes and tell them to talk to Madge.

Around the beginning of October, Finnick asks Annie out. Like true friends, Madge and I fangirl with Annie about it for over an hour. I swear, she's more excited than Madge was.

Madge invites me over after school, so I decide to go. I've never seen to her house before, strangely enough. There's always been something stopping us from going.

We drop our backpacks on her bedroom floor before sitting on her bed. I smile. "Now that Finnick and Annie will start dating too, Peeta and I will end up being weird loners."

Madge laughs a bit at that. "Sure..."

I frown. "Sure what?"

"Nothing," she says abruptly.

"I don't believe you..." I raise an eyebrow at her. Madge was many things, but a good liar was not one of them.

She looks at me helplessly. "I promised not to tell anyone!"

"As if I'd tell anyone. Come on, you can trust me." I try to sound persuasive, but talking is not something I do well.

I give up on talking and just stare at her. She shifts uncomfortably and looks out the window. Finally she sighs. "Fine, but you can't tell anyone I told you, especially Peeta." I nod, agreeing. She takes a breath. "Peeta told me he likes someone. He wouldn't tell me who, but he really likes her. He doesn't think she likes him, though. He's afraid to tell her."

I gasp. "Really? Peeta? Afraid to talk to someone?" Madge shrugs. "Who do you think it is?"

"No idea. We can rule out some obvious ones, like Glimmer, of course."

"And of course not you or Annie or me," I say. Madge looks a bit unsure but I ignore her. "Hmm... How do you think we could find out?"

Madge looks at me curiously. "I thought you didn't like this kind of stuff?"

I shrug. "I've never had a friend to get excited about it with."

"So does this mean I can get relationship advice from you now?" Madge asks playfully.

"Heck no," I say, then grab her pillow and hit her in the face with it.

"Hey!" She grabs another pillow and whacks me back. Soon, we're engaged in a full scale pillow fight, complete with giggling (I didn't even know I could do that). We only stop when Madge's dad comes in and tells us to quiet down, because her mom has another headache.

(Sorry about the short chapter. I'm experiencing a terrible sickness known as writer's block, but don't worry, I'll survive. Who do you think Peeta likes?)