CHAPTER 25 ♡

Please, stay where you are

Don't come any closer

Don't try to change my mind

I'm being cruel to be kind

'I'm sorry Mikey. Know that you will always be my what if.'

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

MIKEY'S POV

I woke up all by myself.

She's not beside me.

She's not here anymore.

I looked for her in the bathroom, but there was no trace of (Y/N) to be found. You've managed to pull it off this time. Do you want to play hide and seek? I'm in a bad mood right now. Now I see why Shinichiro did not want me to come into contact with you. How many times are you going to betray me?

Do you think you got me wrapped around your finger? We'll see about that.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I've returned to Japan. I'm torn between looking for you and simply letting everything go since I know you won't be able to keep your distance for long. I understand that what I did to you was inexcusable, but can you really blame me for it? You're fortunate that I didn't murder you. It's been more than a month since I last saw you, and I'm becoming extremely concerned. Perhaps we shouldn't have crossed paths in the first place. I thought I was cold-blooded, but why are you treating me like this? Is it possible that you casted a spell on me? Do you want me to go through that kind of pain?

If only I had an option. My answer would always be you. I know that I'm just a what-if to you, but you will always be my always. Maybe we're not the same after all. You're the real heartless one here, (Y/N).

You're my always and I'm just a what-if.

A meeting was held right after the fashion show along with her father. My executives wouldn't stop asking me questions about (Y/N)'s disappearance I think they're trying to test my patience.

We all went to the meeting and went to her father's office. I wanted to be transparent with your father as much as possible, there's no need for me to filter anything right? Your father got mad for a minute but in our world. At first, I thought he would be suspicious of me, but I explained it to him that being cautious is a must. Sometimes we need to shed blood to stop the tension, occasionally we have to put someone's life in danger, and sometimes we have to reveal everything.

"Thank you for your honesty Mikey-san." (F/N)'s shook my hand and bowed.

I remained quiet.

He let go of my hand. Ran shook (F/N)'s hand and stated, "Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything." (F/N) pulled Ran in a hug. "Thank you,"

I can feel (F/N)'s sadness within his tone. We all bowed our heads and went outside. Takeomi held the door so everyone can go out one by one. I was the first to leave the office, with Sanzu trailing after me and Rindou being the last one to go.

We all went back to our respective homes, and I gave my executives the week off. Ever since they've been working nonstop since the beginning of the month. Ran, on the other hand, has other plans for his day off, but he has also invited everyone to go to our club. Not to mention that he also invited several girls.

We all headed to the nightclub together. Rindou was the only one who did not join the gang. He said that he would like to stay at home throughout his week off.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

RINDOU'S POV

Besides, I don't have time to entertain other women at the moment, and (Y/N) is nowhere to be found. I lied when I mentioned that I'd be staying at my house for the whole week. I'm going to lose my mind, to be honest. In any case, I grabbed my keys and drove back to the Yakuza's warehouse as soon as they left.

Good thing (F/N)-san was still in his office. As soon as I reached the warehouse, I politely knocked on his door.

"Come in." (F/N) stated. "Oh! What brings you here, Rindou-san?"

"I'm sorry for going here without prior notice, I just-" I got caught off by (F/N).

"You just can sit back, knowing my daughter's nowhere to be found?" (F/N) said with one arched brow. I stopped...my eyes widened with his statement...

"I think, I'm correct. You're turning red Rindo-san." He said looking at me directly, I tried to talk but nothing was coming out of my mouth. I'm so embarrassed.

"I-I-I Uhm, wa-wanted to you know... get to know you????" I sound like a fucking bitch. Why was I stuttering? (F/N) stood up, walking towards me.

(F/N) placed a hand on my left shoulder and stated, "By all means, you are under no need to keep anything hidden from me. You have all shown to me that you can be relied on. I know you wanted to search for my daughter, Just a word of caution: if you happen to come across her, don't approach her right away. What transpired between her and Mikey worsened an existing wound. She's still recovering, and I'm doing all I can to avoid interfering. Not that I am afraid of my daughter. However, I am aware of what she is capable of... and that's the part where I am afraid of her. 

"I-I-I I think I am scared for my life now... Thank you for the heads up! I'll be leaving now byeeeeeee" I stated. I was about to go out, but he pulled the back of my collar, making me stop from my tracks, and whispered, "Wishing you all the best. Don't let your guard down."

I felt shivers down my spine. Well, there's no backing out! I told you (Y/N), I'll prove myself to you.

I drove back to my house and packed my things. This is going to be a long long drive. I don't even know where to start, I honestly don't know what I am doing... or where am I going... You got this, Rin. Just start asking around Tokyo.

Oh... This is harder than I thought!!! Everyone knows her! I can't recklessly just ask around people. What if rumors started to spread because of me?

Guess I'll have to this my way. I'll find you, (Y/N). Even if you're dead already, I'll retrieve your bones. 

While I was trying to get my shit together, I murmured to myself...

"Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive. This is my way of proving myself and my love to you, (Y/N)."