Last day 5/20/21

I got on the bus for the last time this morning. I think Gretchen was less ok than I was. I listened to World Alone by Lorde. I got to school and went to drawing class for the last time. I had nothing to do, so I looked at the yearbook from last year. I got my figure drawing back that was inspired by The Sound of Music and Beauty and The Beast. I saw Mr.Tethof on the way to financial management. He gave me an envelope with my name written fancy on it. It contained gum, a lottery ticket, gift card, and a nice note.
Then I took my financial management exam. I'm scared I failed. I went to women's chorale for the last time. In drawing class, I wrote a note for Mrs.H basically saying that I know it probably wasn't the easiest switching to our school, and taking over Reed, but I still had a good time, and I'm going to miss her. I folded it up as tiny as I could, handed it to her, and told her not to open it until I walked out of the classroom for the last time. We all played Just Dance. I picked I Want You Back by Jackson 5. It was a good last time with all of them. Then it was time to go to the auditorium. I saw Molly and ran toward her. Molly, Kathryne, and I sat together. Speeches made me tear up. I had to hold my breath and not cry. Hayden had a speech. He did a good job.
It was time for the senior walk. I was doing pretty fine until I saw Danika, then I completely lost it. I was sobbing. I lost it again when I saw Ally and Lexi. Mr.Tethof wanted a hug. I saw Ms.H as I was walking out of the building. She said she liked the note. I think I saw tears on her face, but I wasn't sure. I gave her a hug. That was an emotional rollercoaster.
They gave us our last lunch from the school. Maddy and I walked to the Claud Shannon park and ate our lunch. Then we got ice cream. It was weird because we were talking about people, and then they appeared as we walked around the corner. Spooky.
I went home and layed in bed. I texted Matt and told him choir was fun, the years go by fast, and that he's a good kid. He told me,
"Aww thanks Allison I'll definitely miss you and Hayden no doubt!! Also Allison you are the funniest kind hearted person I've met, you set examples for others to follow and you are a leader!! Keep it up, your future is high!! I am so sad I was only able to spend one year with you and Hayden!!"
I sent a video to women's chorale, telling them that they made my senior year, I'll miss them, they are beautiful strong women in and out,
I can't wait to hear about all the amazing things they will do, the years go by fast, and enjoy the moments while you're in them. I cried. I sent them the song "Have It All" by Jason Mraz.
I think senior year is my favorite year. Ever since I was little, I knew I wanted to leave a positive impact on those around me. I made a difference to these people. I love them. I don't want to say goodbye.
As Michael Scott would say,
"Goodbyes stink."