eight

As you, Bucky, and Sam walked down the street you felt a small wave of panic wash over you. You felt your face go pale as you kept worrying. 

What if these guys caught you? Or worse, killed you?

You are an amazing fighter, trained by your father and by HYDRA, but the lowlifes in Madripoor always terrified you.

They'd do anything for a quick buck.

"Mr. Wilson, I'm going to need you to follow my lead. Mr. Barnes, don't say anything until I tell you to." you said as you stopped dead in your tracks.

"It's Conrad." Sam said with a smile and a nod.

"My apologies, Mr. Mack." you nodded back. You then walked into the bar, Sam and Bucky following close behind.

As you pushed past the crowds you said in a serious and low voice, "Готовы соответствовать, Зимний солдат (Ready to comply, Winter Soldier?)"

People paused and stared at you.

"Is that the Winter Soldier?" a man gasped.

You walked up to bar and made eye contact with the bartender. "I'm here to talk business with Selby." you said adjusting your glove.

The bartender looked at you skeptically and said, "I got a word from up high that you ain't welcome here." he said.

"Correction. My father isn't welcome here."

"No, YOU aren't welcome here." He paused and looked at Sam, "I wasn't expecting you, Smiling Tiger."

"His plans changed because WE have business to do with Selby." you spat.

"Y/N, you're not welcome here." the bartender said, giving you an annoyed look. "It's no surprise since you-"

"Enough. I'm here to talk with Selby. Either we do the easy way or MY way" you hissed.

"Can't do that" he said with an eye roll.

You sighed in frustration.

Suddenly, a man approached you, grabbing your waist he pulled you closer to him. He lowered his lips down to your ear and whispered, "What's a pretty lady doing with these two men?"

"This pretty lady has business to do with Selby." you fake giggled as you pushed the hood of your cloak off. You were hoping this man would buy your act.

"I advise you step away from her." Sam said, trying to intervene.

"Oh Conrad, don't worry! This kind fellow was just about to have Selby see us." you said as you giggled and scrunched up your nose.

The man smiled as his hands fell to your hips, they went lower and lower, down your thigh, almost touching your gun that was in a holster that fit loosely on you. He was about 6 foot 3 and somewhat muscular. He had tattoos covering his arms, hands, and his head.

"How about you get Selby to see me? Then we can head to your place" you said turning around, your back against the bar counter.

"How about you follow me now, and Selby can see you later?" He said a lower voice, his hand strengthening his grip on your thigh.

"Oh c'mon, please?" you said as you swung your arms around his neck, batting your eyelashes at him.

"I said no." he said in a more aggressive tone.

You returned the aggressive tone, "You either listen to me, or you'll see how it ends, buddy" you scowled, pushing him off of you.

He furrowed his brows and grabbed you by the neck. "Watch your pretty mouth. I'd hate for daddy to miss his princess"